Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the Most Iconic Song of the 1980s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• I think I've found a winner ... if this doesn't scream 80's, I don't know what does

Comment

• You guys have pretty much nailed the 80's music. There was much to like and much to hate. Unfortunately when I think of Iconic 80's music it is mostly negative.

Comment

• Seriously???

We are on page 16 and this hasn't been posted? Journey - Open Arms was the song of the early 80's

I WIN!!
              It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
              Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                Man, I finally hit the bullseye with the RJer whose music taste I most like and respect, and I don't even get the credit.
                Crap, sorry Pogues. I have no idea how I mixed you up with Swamp.
                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  You guys have pretty much nailed the 80's music. There was much to like and much to hate. Unfortunately when I think of Iconic 80's music it is mostly negative.
                  Here's one for you; 1983.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• U2 - Pride in the Name of Love

Listen to or buy U2's new song https://u2.lnk.to/AtomicCityREMASTERED IN HD! UP TO 4K!!The official music video for Pride (In The Name Of Love) by U2A band p...

Hope the link posts

Comment

• What does the 80's represent: greed, yuppies, excess, extreme cheesiness. All the good music (and there was a LOT of it) was contra this. So making good music an iconic symbol of the 80's is like an insult to that music.

How about this brutal awfulness (warning, you may lose all respect for "music" if you watch this)

Comment

• Aside from Pour Some Sugar on Me, we've missed the whole 80's Hair Band Genre...

I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                          Exactly right. When I think 80s, I don't think of the horrific garbage you guys are posting --- New Order and Wham and Howard Jones or whatever. I think of the awesome response to the unbridled greed and general shittiness of the Reagan and Thatcher era.

Punk rock and metal were at their absolute zenith in the 80s, in my opinion.

Bad Religion, Dead Kennedys, Misfits, Minor Threat, Social Distortion and a zillion other epic punk bands.

Metallica, Slayer, Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Queensryche, Judas Priest and a zillion other metal bands.

You can keep Poison and Erasure. To me, the music of the 80s was probably the best ever created.
                          Punk was definitely great in the 80s. You've left off the best of the bunch, just look at my avatar for a hint. Can't leave out Husker Du and the Replacements.

Maiden absolutely rules.

But I love the cheesy 80s bands too (though Devo isn't cheesy, just awesome).

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Speaking of the 80s, looks like I will be going to Mayhem Fest on 4th of July. Headliners? Slayer and King Diamond! Huge metal boner for yours truly.
                            Nice. Slayer played a really small club (about 550 capacity) here in Boston last month but you had to win a raffle to get tickets. The Descendents also played that week in the same set up. I managed to get in on the Descendents guest list through someone I met at the Arizona First Pitch Symposium. Fantasy baseball and punk worlds colliding.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Speaking of the 80s, looks like I will be going to Mayhem Fest on 4th of July. Headliners? Slayer and King Diamond! Huge metal boner for yours truly.
                              I got an e-mail from Bandsintown that they had tickets available for the Chula Vista show for only $30. Unfortunately it's on a Friday afternoon and Chula Vista is kinda far. Still thinking about it though...

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                                Punk was definitely great in the 80s. You've left off the best of the bunch, just look at my avatar for a hint. .

Harry Carey?

Comment

Working...
                                X