Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the Most Iconic Song of the 1980s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some interesting 80's related notes:

Prince is policing Youtube to prevent anyone from getting a free listen.
    Molly Ringwald looks better now than she did 30 years ago.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Bruce's cousin :

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
            If it's not Devo Whip It (which I think it should be) then it's Modern English I'll Stop the World and Melt with You. Great call Swamp; I love that song.
            Man, I finally hit the bullseye with the RJer whose music taste I most like and respect, and I don't even get the credit.
            Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

• Originally posted by Pogues View Post
              Man, I finally hit the bullseye with the RJer whose music taste I most like and respect, and I don't even get the credit.
              pogues said Melt With You - there now you happy.

Whip It is probably the bullseye

Comment

• "Shout" may be the most 80's sounding Tears for Fears song, but it's one of my least favorite songs of all time. This one's still iconic but actually awesome:

Comment

• Call Me - Blondie (1981)

Comment

• Chains of Love - Erasure (1988)

Comment

• One Thing Leads to Another - The Fixx (1983)

Comment

• And We Danced - The Hooters (1985)

Comment

• She's a Beauty - The Tubes (1983)

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X