No announcement yet.

Duggar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's one thing...Doig, you agonized for weeks over the morality of the choices before you and the actions you should take. By contrast, the the Duggars simply maintained a position consistent with their vested interests and their world view.

The dogmatism for which we criticize so many groups around the world drives much of our policy here at home.

I prefer "doigmatism".

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
      Here's one thing...Doig, you agonized for weeks over the morality of the choices before you and the actions you should take. By contrast, the the Duggars simply maintained a position consistent with their vested interests and their world view.

The dogmatism for which we criticize so many groups around the world drives much of our policy here at home.

I prefer "doigmatism".
      I could probably understand making a choice to protect your child, it's a natural instinct. I struggled with it myself. However to then turn around and judge, criticize and demonize others for doing the same things and then blaming it on lifestyle or attributing this illness to a certain group of people you deem'sinful' is off the charts hypocritical.

Continued support of these people is as well.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I do not feel bad for enjoying this as much as I do.

In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

It's always the ones working hardest to deny others happiness that are the true devils. F this hypocrite

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
            I do not feel bad for enjoying this as much as I do.

http://gawker.com/family-values-acti...-ma-1725132091
            best comment in the comment's section:
            "Would not have happened if the gays hadn’t undermined his marriage."
            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I'm sure that Huckabee can explain all of this.

And Fox News.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                I'm sure that Huckabee can explain all of this.

And Fox News.
                Fox News? Are you joking? How in the ?$&@ is this Fox News' fault?

Or, more to the point, explain to us how Fox News even has 1/100000th the fault of TLC?
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

While the Ashley Madison thing strongly suggests that Huckabee was flat out wrong (he said, in writing, that Josh Duggar "...has gone forward to live a responsible and circumspect life as an adult..."), it has rapidly become clear that there are a whole slew of groups looking to use it to assassinate groups of people.

The targets I've seen listed so far have been based on:
                  - Government email accounts, including military (note that military members can lose their pension and apparently even face one year of "confinement" for adultery)
                  - Bank email accounts
                  - SJW ("Social Justice Warriors", aka anyone supporting women such as Anita Sarkeesian in the "GamerGate" scandal).
                  ... and I haven't searched, that's just what's coming across my rss feeds, which aren't exactly homes of celebrity gossip.

So while it initially looked like a potentially amusing window into our culture, it has quickly become fuel for predatory groups, looking to exploit in the "Tear em Down" portion of the news cycle to ruin people. While there may be any number of people who fairly get what's coming to them, to quote inspector Kemp, "A riot is an ugly thing. And once you get one started, there is little chance of stopping it, short of bloodshed. I think, before we go around killing people, we had better make damned sure of our evidence. And we had better confirm the fact that Young Frankenstein is indeed following in his grandfather's footschteps."
                  people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                    It's not Fox News' fault, nor did Madducks assert as much, but they are certainly the go-to when it comes to hypocritical Christian right wing apologists. Mike Huckabee is the perfect example of a right wing Christian hypocrite, too. Plus, he's already defended Duggar (and is a Fox News contributor, iirc).
                    Uh, well, in this case, that's BS. Fox News didn't spend untold hours in the Duggar household, TLC did. Fox News (heck, add in all of Fox) didn't give the Duggars a weekly platform every week, TLC did. Fox News didn't spend promotion time on the Duggars, but TLC sure as heck did.

I realize that all y'all liberals see Fox News as the source of everything wrong in the world. But you might want to take the blinders off on occasion, or you might seem a bit...anti-intellectual.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

"Fox News" is just our shorthand for the Right Wing-biased Media Conspiracy
                      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        Uh, well, in this case, that's BS. Fox News didn't spend untold hours in the Duggar household, TLC did. Fox News (heck, add in all of Fox) didn't give the Duggars a weekly platform every week, TLC did. Fox News didn't spend promotion time on the Duggars, but TLC sure as heck did.

I realize that all y'all liberals see Fox News as the source of everything wrong in the world. But you might want to take the blinders off on occasion, or you might seem a bit...anti-intellectual.
                        Thou doth protest too much, methinks. It's only a cable channel.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                        X