Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Queensryche or Scorpions fans in here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Queensryche or Scorpions fans in here?

Mrs. Gregg told me with ultimate excitement that she "scored" tickets to the Sept. show for both groups....um yea??

I do not know much (with the exception of a few songs) about these groups. I really didn't care enough about them to give them a hard listen.

I also know that I can tolerate almost any kind of music live.

What am I in for here? A rocking good time or please end this now?

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    Mrs. Gregg told me with ultimate excitement that she "scored" tickets to the Sept. show for both groups....um yea??

I do not know much (with the exception of a few songs) about these groups. I really didn't care enough about them to give them a hard listen.

I saw Queensryche last year at the M3 Fest in Maryland and their new lead singer is AMAZING!!!!

He hit every note the previous lead singer (Geoff Tate) ever hit.

Hey, just my Silent Lucidity.

Gris

Comment

They will rock you like a hurricane.
      --------------------------------------
      You know a girl in a hat is just so…vogue.

Comment

Just depends which version of Queensryche you are seeing. Geoff Tate has his version and the old band signed a better singer to their version. That is the one Griz saw and he rocks.
        Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

I don't think I would go out of my way to see either, but honestly, what better do you have to do that night? A night of live music, out with the mrs., who sounds excited about the whole thing sounds like a fun night out to me.
          Last edited by heyelander; 05-12-2015, 04:04 PM.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Love Queensryche like the Scorpions.

I haven't seen their new singer yet. Was a big Geoff Tate fan.

You'll have the most fun watching women in their late 40's early 50's trying to fit back into those torn jeans they wore in the 80's.
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I thought Tuesday was drunk and Thursday was wasted. Was there a new memo?

I always liked the Scorpions. Queensryche never got much play.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Operation Mindcrime
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

One of my friends is/was the President of the Queensryche Fan Club.

I like the Scorpions. Queensryche, not so much.
                  "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                  - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                  - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

I wasn't a huge fan of either, but saw Queensryche backed by a full orchestra. That was really good.

If the Scorps do a greatest hits set, it ought to be a good time, too.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Listening to Dio on Pandora today. I might switch over to some Queensryche later.

Now if only my hair would grow back as I relive the 80s.
                      Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                        I don't think I would go out of my way to see either, but honestly, what better do you have to do that night? A night of live music, out with the mrs., who sounds excited about the whole thing sounds like a fun night out to me.
                        Yep, that is pretty much the conclusion I have come to. I will keep an open mind and hope that the live aspect overshadows the little experience that I have with these two groups.

Thanks to all you commented. I will report back after the concert.

Comment

Queensryche is a pretty hit-or-miss band for me although Operation: Mindcrime is pretty epic. Scorpions have some nice hits but I've never delved too far into their discography. Either way, it sounds like a fun show since both bands "rock" pretty hard.

Comment

Working...
                          X