This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RJ community seems like its fading

There would be 30-50 new posts a day not too long ago, this being the height of baseball season. The community seems to be dwindling and I dont think its because of the move as it was thinning out prior to the move.

Sad to see.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

i'll go bump the Moonlight J thread if it will help.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I miss the non-sensical Papa Deuce threads.

Comment

Some of this is a residual effect of the domain bungling that we're stuck with as well

I'm seeing some new registrations of people that have been longtime contributors of late so that should help.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          There would be 30-50 new posts a day not too long ago, this being the height of baseball season. The community seems to be dwindling and I dont think its because of the move as it was thinning out prior to the move.

Sad to see.
          I don't think it's the move. It's been like that the last year or two unless you count Papa Deuce and SharpTalons posts (which I don't)
          I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time--and this includes naps --I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by billbuckner View Post
            I don't think it's the move. It's been like that the last year or two unless you count Papa Deuce and SharpTalons posts (which I don't)
            yea, that stuff was for entertainment purposes. I miss the baseball content we used to get a lot of. Now, not so much.
            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

I think there's no real way to advertise its presence to potential new posters. FBGs has a huge membership base and uses its board as the center of its site. Other boards, like the one I showed to Jason (the Mike Francesa board), have a devoted following of its show.

Fanball should've used its site to tie in with RJ, but they never did -- one wonders why the heck they bought it in the first place. Any other sites out there that could be tied in with RJ?

Comment

a lot of our top content guys have been snapped up, I think that has had an impact......
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                  a lot of our top content guys have been snapped up, I think that has had an impact......
                  thats part of it but Revo is right. How do new people find out about this place , other than word of mouth? There needs to be a tie in to a strong baseball website.

Comment

thats part of it but Revo is right. How do new people find out about this place , other than word of mouth? There needs to be a tie in to a strong baseball website.
                    I'll see what I can do about getting a link to our forum up on the lemon party site
                    I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time--and this includes naps --I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      I think there's no real way to advertise its presence to potential new posters. FBGs has a huge membership base and uses its board as the center of its site. Other boards, like the one I showed to Jason (the Mike Francesa board), have a devoted following of its show.

Fanball should've used its site to tie in with RJ, but they never did -- one wonders why the heck they bought it in the first place. Any other sites out there that could be tied in with RJ?
                      I wondered that they whole time we were under the Fanball umbrella. We never saw an influx of membership and I never saw Fanball promote RJ.
                      Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post

Yes, it was a source of frustration for me -- the higher ups just never got it all.

Comment

I've been trying to push it on Twitter when good threads are happening and linking to it in the BP articles (can't do it at rotowire as it's a conflict of interest).

Comment

Well and how often is B-Fly around these days?

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                              Yes, it was a source of frustration for me -- the higher ups just never got it all.
                              Frankly, I'm not sure the fanball higher ups ever got anything - not just RJ. Just saying.

Comment

Working...
                              X