Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The American Freedom Defense Initiative--Garland Shooting.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The American Freedom Defense Initiative--Garland Shooting.

No reaction to an Anti Islamic group baiting extremists to react?

Anyone familiar with their stance on free speech when it comes to Mapplethorpe, Piss Christ or Anti American type exhibits and publications?

Seems like a set up and execution of 2 guys they knew were coming. Did they have plans to use non lethal force that they somehow weren't able to use?

Sad all the way around, but in a free country we must allow and support he right of whomever to spout their opinions no matter how vile.

Still this should have been preventable.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
    No reaction to an Anti Islamic group baiting extremists to react?

Anyone familiar with their stance on free speech when it comes to Mapplethorpe, Piss Christ or Anti American type exhibits and publications?

Seems like a set up and execution of 2 guys they knew were coming. Did they have plans to use non lethal force that they somehow weren't able to use?

Sad all the way around, but in a free country we must allow and support he right of whomever to spout their opinions no matter how vile.

Still this should have been preventable.
    It could have been a setup, but it doesn't seem like a very good one. The first person they encountered (they one they shot) was an unarmed school guard. Next was a City of Garland police officer, who apparently overwhelmed them. Garland PD is not known locally as the tip of the spear.

So the people running the event might have been trying to attract trouble, it just doesn't seem to me that local government was in on the play.

Comment

Working...
    X