Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

isn't gay marriage before the SCOTUS right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• isn't gay marriage before the SCOTUS right now?

I thought the states argument was really weird. they say that their support for marriage is due to unintended pregnancy. and they want the father to stick around from the states financial support. and since gay ppl can't get pregnant accidently it doesn't apply to them. talk about being backed into a corner. this is their best argument?

if you read between the lines, they are saying they cause unintended pregnancy so as to support patriarchy. it's a weird argument but I don't see a better one for them either. playing the devils advocate, I can't think of a better argument for them even as lame as it is. and I can usually think up some weird stuff. it will be interesting how this goes.

what does it mean? I guess it just means that states will have to acknowledge gay marriages from other states but not allow gay to get married in states that don't allow it.

I don't really care, I just expected a better argument. it's a pretty lame argument from the side that cherishes marriage etc.. you'd think you'd be able to come up with a better definition for supporting marriage.

maybe you guys don't understand the decision about to happen is like 1967 and civil rights. or 1972 and abortion. this is major. this one is going to be like 7 vs 2.

Comment

It's a reflection of what's already happening. Not to say it isn't a big deal, but most people's mindsets have already adjusted.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
        maybe you guys don't understand the decision about to happen is like 1967 and civil rights. or 1972 and abortion. this is major. this one is going to be like 7 vs 2.
        Ten bucks says it's 5-4. And I ain't sure which way.
        “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
        -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

6-3. Alito, Scalia, Thomas in the minority.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Comment

lost in all of this is the states actual reason for defending marriage, that it intentionally creates unwanted pregnancies so as to support a dysfunctional family. word for word that was actually what they said. and we're just lick our chops because we won and let them get away with it.

not to mention the whole gay ppl can't get pregnant thing is flawed since any woman can get pregnant.

terrible arguments that we're just going to forget were never uttered.

Comment

how hard is it to realize the reason one supports unwanted pregnancy is because we create them.

suppose that's a bridge too far then.

everyone has their own reasons for wanting to pump babies out.

but i maintain the state fucked up in their argument and no-one noticed.

Comment

really the whole argument should've been you wouldn't have to defend marriage if you weren't helping to create so many unwanted ones in the first place.

i guess that's too much for the supreme court to ponder about tho.

Comment

Working...
                  X