2016 Presidential Battleground States?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    Definitely both of those. Hillary is much worse. She would make a great Bond villain.

J
    She may be a corporate croney but she's not an evil asshat. Cheney is the worst of the worst, historically so.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

"Get Cheney First" was always some of my favorite political grafitti
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        She may be a corporate croney but she's not an evil asshat. Cheney is the worst of the worst, historically so.
        If you reverse the names, I would agree.

J
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
          I would trust a lot of you guys more than the guys who are actually running.
          Well, except for steve, right?
          “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
          -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

If you reverse the names, I would agree.

J
            Of course because you always choose the wrong side of history.
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Well, President Obama decided to get in a political cage match with Senator Warren on trade and the president was beat down something fierce. I disagree with her on a lot of stuff, but I'm pretty impressed. I'm even more convinced if she went all-in, she could win the nomination.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                Well, President Obama decided to get in a political cage match with Senator Warren on trade and the president was beat down something fierce. I disagree with her on a lot of stuff, but I'm pretty impressed. I'm even more convinced if she went all-in, she could win the nomination.
                Warren is certainly a contrast to Hilary Clinton, nice to see someone who you know what they stand for and that they will fight for their beliefs.
                ---------------------------------------------
                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                  I wasn't really too sure Warren was the real deal but after this TPP smack down she gave, it's pretty obvious she is. She made him appear almost Carter- esque by so thoroughly neutering him. He tried to hit back but failed.
                  I can't believe Democrats would really want Hillary as their nominee when they could have her, but she just doesnt seem like she's going to run. Hopefully somebody has her ear.

Comment

I think Obama was giving her a big spotlight, where she could show her toughness and her independence. The only people really pushing the TPP are Obama and the Republicans. What a great opportunity to give her the stage and a springboard to declaring her candidacy. Not sure she will, but she is set up now better than ever. I think she would be a real contender.

Comment

Originally posted by nots View Post
                      I wasn't really too sure Warren was the real deal but after this TPP smack down she gave, it's pretty obvious she is. She made him appear almost Carter- esque by so thoroughly neutering him. He tried to hit back but failed.
                      I can't believe Democrats would really want Hillary as their nominee when they could have her, but she just doesnt seem like she's going to run. Hopefully somebody has her ear.
                      From what I have seen they don't. It's more resignation. The Republicans definitely want Hillary.

J
                      Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                        I think Obama was giving her a big spotlight, where she could show her toughness and her independence. The only people really pushing the TPP are Obama and the Republicans. What a great opportunity to give her the stage and a springboard to declaring her candidacy. Not sure she will, but she is set up now better than ever. I think she would be a real contender.
                        Well, them and the corporations they represent.
                        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

From what I have seen they don't. It's more resignation. The Republicans definitely want Hillary.

J
                          I cannot see any reason why the GOP definitely want Hillary over almost any other Democrat. She is very well positioned to give them another electoral smack-down.

Interesting poll just came out in Kentucky. (Yeah, yeah, it's too early, it's just a poll, blah, blah, etc.) that shows Hillary and Rand Paul in a dead heat. That's right, in the home state of Rand Paul, Hillary has managed to turn Kentucky -- KENTUCKY -- into a toss up state.
                          “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
                          -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by Wonderboy View Post
                            I cannot see any reason why the GOP definitely want Hillary over almost any other Democrat. She is very well positioned to give them another electoral smack-down.

Interesting poll just came out in Kentucky. (Yeah, yeah, it's too early, it's just a poll, blah, blah, etc.) that shows Hillary and Rand Paul in a dead heat. That's right, in the home state of Rand Paul, Hillary has managed to turn Kentucky -- KENTUCKY -- into a toss up state.
                            Forget the polling. It's too early. Compare the situation if the Republicans were planning to run with Dick Cheney.

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Forget the polling. It's too early. Compare the situation if the Republicans were planning to run with Dick Cheney.

J
                              can you run from prison?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Wonderboy View Post
                                I cannot see any reason why the GOP definitely want Hillary over almost any other Democrat. She is very well positioned to give them another electoral smack-down
                                Oh, wow, I can, and I'll try and be more direct than oneJ was. Hillary has already proven she can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory- shall we review her 2008 campaign meltdown against Obama? Her campaign has already had issues with getting out a coherent message. She's almost as anti-charismatic as Bill is charismatic. Her debating skills in 2008 were marginal, and she's certainly not sharper now than then. And, relative to a number of other candidates, she's old.
                                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X