Items of the Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Items of the Day

Thought this was pretty funny... Any other good ones you've seen?

“Oh Lordy, I don’t know if we can loan that object or not, it is exceptionally rare! High maintenance, too.” -- Dan Hagedorn, curator and director of collections of The Museum of Flight in Seattle, Washington.

Wonder Woman’s Invisible Jet Now on Display
    Posted on April 1, 2015 by The National Air and Space Museum

“Oh Lordy, I don’t know if we can loan that object or not, it is exceptionally rare! High maintenance, too.” — Dan Hagedorn, curator and director of collections of The Museum of Flight in Seattle, Washington.

That was my first exchange with my friend Dan Hagedorn when I approached him about borrowing Wonder Woman’s invisible plane from The Museum of Flight. The Museum of Flight had acquired the plane with help from Lieutenant Diana Prince in April 2013. Since then, our curator Bob van der Linden wanted very much to display the plane at the Museum in Washington, DC.

“There’s nothing that would make my daughter happier than to bring Wonder Woman’s invisible plane back to Washington, DC, if only for a very short time,” he said.

Bob has worked very hard to secure a space for the jet by moving not only the Spirit of St. Louis but also SpaceShipOne to make room in the Boeing Milestones of Flight Hall. Our next step was to work with Ted Huetter, public relations and promotions manager at The Museum of Flight. Ted helped us secure the loan by referring us to the paperwork The Museum of Flight had used when they last loaned the plane to Science City at Union Station, Kansas City. With his help, and the help of many at the National Air and Space Museum, we were able to arrange to bring this artifact back to the Washington, DC area.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

The price? A COOL TEN BILLION! It had to happen. Apple’s stock rises when it has a monopoly. And despite all the iPhone profits, Android has greater worldwide market share. This is not the iP…

Comment

a real bummer for us Blue Jay fans ...

Rogers Centre roof to remain closed for the entirety of the 2015 season
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
      X