windows 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windows 8

I purchased windows 8 a few days ago and I am slowly learning the ins and outs.

Currently, I have a visual issue. I can not minimize/remove/move the 'your onedrive is up to date' message (this is the message showing me my last update and if I am sync'ed or paused). It takes up about 1/10 of my screen.

Anyone have a suggestion on how to remove ?

Why did you purchase Windows 8? Ugh that is a horrible OS.
    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

I know this now. tigerdirect is going out of business and I got a bunch a stuff for a decent price. But I soooo wish I didn't have windows 8

Comment

fwiw, Windows 10 previews are getting very good reviews - it's being positioned as a best-of blend of the live tiles mode within Win8, and the traditional desktop of Win7. Supposed to come out late summer.
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Maybe not a practical solution, but I say use another computer until Windows 10 comes out. I read somewhere that all pissed off Windows 8 owners get a free upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
            Why did you purchase Windows 8? Ugh that is a horrible OS.

I had heard it was horrible.... and for the first 2 weeks I hated it. Now, I don't mind it at all.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
              Windows 8 is a very nice and stable OS. I really like it a lot and have found it to be flexible and useful after I took the time to learn it. But you weren't asking whether windows 8 is good or not, were you?
              Was this cut and pasted from The Onion?

I agree that it has some very nice features if you invest the time to learn them. We've found it to be less than stable, though. Not Vista bad, but worse then Win7 for sure.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                Maybe not a practical solution, but I say use another computer until Windows 10 comes out. I read somewhere that all pissed off Windows 8 owners get a free upgrade.
                Why? I hate it as well, but I just click on the 'desktop' tile and it becomes Windows 7.

Comment

There's a desktop tile?

Comment

desktop tile is typically in the bottom left hand corner of the tile screen

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                      There's a desktop tile?
                      mine is lower LH tile, and it uses my desktop image for the tile.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
                        I know this now. tigerdirect is going out of business and I got a bunch a stuff for a decent price. But I soooo wish I didn't have windows 8
                        Wait..what? The whole company or just one near you?
                        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
                          Wait..what? The whole company or just one near you?
                          All outlets, or maybe all the Canadian outlets.

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
                            All outlets, or maybe all the Canadian outlets.
                            They are becoming an on line only

Comment

Working...
                            X