is it ok if i post random thoughts today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it ok if i post random thoughts today

im starting to get backed up. I was gonna do it sober but then I went out to get some coffee flavored brandy. which is more fun. *my disclaimer is i won't get so drunk that i start acting all... well drunk. so that's why i'll keep it in one thread.

1) the nuclear baseball. i heard this last night on npr when i snuck out to the supermarket during work. it's a year old tho. might even been post here before. or you've probably seen it. what would happen if a pitcher thru a fastball at 90% the speed of light.
    So for example, one person asked, what would happen if you tried to hit a baseball pitched at 90 percent of the speed of light? So I did some calculations. Now, normally, when an object flies through the air, the air will flow around the object, but in this case, the ball would be going so fast that the air molecules wouldn't have time to move out of the way. The ball would smash right into and through them, and the collisions with these air molecules would knock away the nitrogen, carbon and hydrogen from the ball, fragmenting it off into tiny particles, and also triggering waves of thermonuclear fusion in the air around it. This would result ....
    http://www.ted.com/talks/randall_mun...age=en#t-54708

another story i once heard there which was great was the hatpin mary story. can't remember if i posted this once. if you like wrestling, even thos it's not totally about wrestling, it's a fun story.

A wrestling-obsessed grandmother has a nasty surprise for the contenders.

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
    im starting to get backed up. I was gonna do it sober but then I went out to get some coffee flavored brandy. which is more fun. *my disclaimer is i won't get so drunk that i start acting all... well drunk. so that's why i'll keep it in one thread.

1) the nuclear baseball. i heard this last night on npr when i snuck out to the supermarket during work. it's a year old tho. might even been post here before. or you've probably seen it. what would happen if a pitcher thru a fastball at 90% the speed of light.http://www.ted.com/talks/randall_mun...age=en#t-54708

another story i once heard there which was great was the hatpin mary story. can't remember if i posted this once. if you like wrestling, even thos it's not totally about wrestling, it's a fun story.

http://themoth.org/posts/stories/hatpin-mary
    As long as they aren't snarky or dismissive as that might kill RJ.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Do you have any stories about pot roast?
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
        As long as they aren't snarky or dismissive as that might kill RJ.
        This reminds of the republicans attitude about global warming.

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
          1) the nuclear baseball. i heard this last night on npr when i snuck out to the supermarket during work. it's a year old tho. might even been post here before. or you've probably seen it. what would happen if a pitcher thru a fastball at 90%
          I think i posted this here once before, but it's pretty entertaining... the whole series is a lot of fun.

I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            This reminds of the republicans attitude about global warming.
            I was being sarcastic, they're being dangerous.
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Sure...PD has made an entire posting career out of it!

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                Sure...PD has made an entire posting career out of it!
                last thread started by Stephen...
                Started by Stephen, 04-02-2014 02:29 PM

thanks for showing up.
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                  last thread started by Stephen...
                  Started by Stephen, 04-02-2014 02:29 PM

thanks for showing up.
                  Sorry, I'll start posting about things that I may have heard on a radio that may or may not have been on in a room that I may or may not have built yet. Stay tuned!

Comment

Working...
                  X