Beer Hunting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Some other faves I forgot about: Moose Drool (brown ale), 1554 Belgian Black Ale (by New Belgium Brewing Co., makers of Fat Tire, also solid), Hoegaarden Wit (Danish wheat).
    1554 is probably at the top of the list of beers that I wish I could get here. I've heard good things about Moose Drool too, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
      not to nitpick, but i thought you didn't normally drop the h, just the w, so "smith-icks"? typical for british pronunciation (berwick, norwich, etc., are the same). that's the way i've always heard it pronounced. i first got introduced to smithwicks at a sports bar in arlington that a good friend of mine lives by. they have started selling it here in NM, but i like it less than newkie brown.
      "Smit-icks" (actually closer to Smiddicks) in NY & DC, Bryan.
      "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
        "Smit-icks" (actually closer to Smiddicks) in NY & DC, Bryan.
        This is how the cute red-headed waitress at The Fainting Goat told me to say it, so I'm going with it until a cuter red-headed waitress at another Irish pub convinces me otherwise...
        "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
        "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
        "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
          This is how the cute red-headed waitress at The Fainting Goat told me to say it, so I'm going with it until a cuter red-headed waitress at another Irish pub convinces me otherwise...
          i endorse that approach .
          "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by frae View Post
            Ok they were out of Dogfish Head and I thought of trying another Great Lakes (Eliot Ness), but decided to try the Brooklyn Pennant Ale. Haven't got to try one yet, but will tonight during the Pens game.
            How did you like it? That was one that I recommended.

Comment

Originally posted by willthethrill View Post
              How did you like it? That was one that I recommended.
              I am enjoying it very much thanks. It was a reasonable $30 for the case and I like it.

Comment

Incredibly I had never had a Smithwick's before reading this thread and it happened to be on sale so I picked up a 6-pack. Good stuff, reminds me of Bass.

I also picked up some random beers to try. Full Sail's LTD Lager, Bell's Expedition Stout (a whopping 10.5% alc), Bell's Special Double Cream Stout, and Newcastle Summer Ale (I like the Brown but never seen this before).

I rarely see it in stores but Bell's Oberon Ale is excellent so I expect their stouts to be tasty.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  Incredibly I had never had a Smithwick's before reading this thread and it happened to be on sale so I picked up a 6-pack. Good stuff, reminds me of Bass.
                  There's a certain similarity, yes. I view Smithwick's as the far superior drink, personally.

One beer which I wish was available over here is a simple one - Miller High Life.

Comment

Bell's Two-Hearted Ale is great! Their Pale Ale and others are tasty, too, but I think the Two-Hearted is special.

Comment

Working...
                    X