quiet Friday - dinner help please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quiet Friday - dinner help please.

There's been like 2 posts in the Sports Bar today ... last one 8 hours ago ... what's up, is it a US holiday or something???

So help me with my dinner plans ... we are gonna pick up a few fresh oysters & shrimp for peel n eat at home this evening ... not sure what to follow it up with though. Thoughts?
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

I would usually do angel hair pasta with those two. some light olive oil coating and herbs.

Some wine too.
    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
      I would usually do angel hair pasta with those two. some light olive oil coating and herbs.

Some wine too.
      Add some fresh Broccoli as a side dish.

Comment

Massive amounts of Canadian whiskey. So we'll be having the same dinner. Except for the oysters and shrimp and stuff.

Comment

Uhhhh, sex?

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
            Uhhhh, sex?
            Best. Answer. By. Far.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

oysters, schmoysters. it's friday night, pizza and movie with the family night... and beer. lots of beer.
              "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                Uhhhh, sex?
                Hell of an idea. But since I'm alone, I'm going to need to throttle back on this whiskey a little bit.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                  It's not too often that you actually lol when reading something on the Internet, despite the ever presence of lols.

Greg - I like to throw together a few different side dishes if you're having the seafood as a standalone. Couscous is delicious and easy, and you can add peppers and cauliflower for a Mediterranean flavor. Arugula or fennel or both for a salad. One of the best things I've been doing recently is throwing a bunch of sliced vegetables on a pan and baking it in olive oil with a little salt. Zucchini, carrots, and even brussels sprouts are good. In fact, that's the only way I like brussels sprouts. Plus, it's super easy. Maybe a butternut squash bisque if you're feeling fancy.

But hey, aren't you a vegetarian? WTF, man!
                  brussel sprouts are great with bacon and balsamic vinegar
                  "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                    brussel sprouts are great with bacon and balsamic vinegar
                    Yep, or just fried with bacon and onions. One of my favs.

Comment

in case anyone cares we decided neither of us really wanted to cook so we went to our fav local for the oysters & peel & eat. Followed by fried lake smelts, Tilapia ceviche and then diavolo shrimp. twas a good night.

thanks for all the suggestions for next time tho!

BTW, Chris - the veggie thing ended years ago.
                      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post

BTW, Chris - the veggie thing ended years ago.
                        Congrats. And welcome back!

Comment

Working...
                        X