The "Big Game".

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Big Game".

It is almost funny to see so many people / companies refuse to use the words "Super Bowl". It isn't like you can't use them; you just can't use them in such a way as to appear that the NFL is endorsing you. Half the sites I visit for recipes - or even more than half - just use "the big game".

Big Game Nachos
    Wings for the Big Game
    Grab a few beers while watching the Big Game.......

Heading to a neighbor's to watch the game and I'll be making stromboli's.

Comment

College football is over - when does baseball start?

Comment

The NFL legal department tells everyone to use "The Big Game" instead of Super Bowl - and they will go after anyone who doesn't play along. They are no joke.
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
          The NFL legal department tells everyone to use "The Big Game" instead of Super Bowl - and they will go after anyone who doesn't play along. They are no joke.
          What Jude said. They're pretty aggressive about going after people who use Super Bowl. Even though they might be legally able to use it in some convoluted way, it's better to be safe and just avoid the phrase altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by willthethrill View Post
            Heading to a neighbor's to watch the game and I'll be making stromboli's.
            You mean Super Bowl Stromboli's.

Comment

Oh oh, er I meant to say Big Game Stromboli's.

Comment

I could still find PLENTY of websites that use it, but I find it funny that people don't. Like I said, you can't make it appear that the NFL endorses you, but a company CAN say, "Get your food for your Super Bowl Party at our store.

food.com for instance "Super Bowl Recipes" is essentially the first thing on the page.

allrecipes.com uses Super Bowl appetizers on their home page as well.
                Last edited by Papa Deuce; 01-30-2015, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X