Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Katy Perry and Lenny Kravitz..... vs. best SB halftime shows in last 25 years?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katy Perry and Lenny Kravitz..... vs. best SB halftime shows in last 25 years?

I rather like Lenny Kravitz, but he wouldn't make my top 50 artists in music. I can tolerate a lot of Katy Perry, but for the most part she wouldn't crack my top 200 music artists. So, I probably won't be watching the halftime show this year. I don't even think I plan to watch the SB itself, as I hate both teams. But I do think that there have been some fabulous and horrific halftime shows. These are my picks for the 3 best and the 3 worst in the last 25 years.

Best:

1. Bruno Mars
    2. Prince
    3. Aerosmith / Britney Spears ( I struggled here with putting Springsteen here )

Worst:

1. The Who..... showed it was time to retire
    2. Gloria Estefan... she had all those ice skaters
    3. Patti LaBelle / Teddy Pendergrass / Tony Bennett

I would like to have said the Up With People performances, but I think they go back too far....

Your picks? And what do you think about this year's show? I think they will be "OK"..... but I took my kids to see Katy Perry, and to me it sounded more like she was screaming than singing.

Originally posted by Papa Deuce View Post
    3. Aerosmith / Britney Spears ( I struggled here with putting Springsteen here )
    Bwahahaha! Oh, you're serious?

Comment

Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
      Bwahahaha! Oh, you're serious?
      I am, not for the talent, but that I found it a fun show.

Comment

This was the worst one for me: Patti LaBelle / Teddy Pendergrass / Tony Bennett.

I am not sure that I can really say there was a best. I am not a big fan of the half time show.

Comment

The halftime show is for bathroom breaks, food and drink replenishment, and channel surfing.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Remember when In Living Color had that 15-minute show during the Super Bowl? I think that was the tipping point for the NFL in coming up with a better show.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              Remember when In Living Color had that 15-minute show during the Super Bowl? I think that was the tipping point for the NFL in coming up with a better show.
              I remember it.... I was keeping it on the air in Philly.

Comment

Prince's was the best

Comment

My girls love Katy Perry, so we'll be watching...

Comment

Originally posted by ironfist View Post
                    My girls love Katy Perry, so we'll be watching...
                    My girls liked it.

I don't really care for halftime shows, so for what it is/was it was just fine by me. She did manage to wear one of the most unflattering hair styles she could have picked out. The giant tiger was pretty impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      My girls liked it.

I don't really care for halftime shows, so for what it is/was it was just fine by me. She did manage to wear one of the most unflattering hair styles she could have picked out. The giant tiger was pretty impressive.
                      My girls enjoyed it as well.
                      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I was waiting for Katy Perry to start hand churning some lemonade
                        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                          Hot dog on a stick chick and dancing sharks. My god that was horrifyingly stupid.
                          I thought the dancing sharks was the best of the stupid dancing things. The trees were just....idiotic.
                          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                            Hot dog on a stick chick and dancing sharks. My god that was horrifyingly stupid.
                            My almost 4 year old Grandson might disagree with you. If you asked him for something horrifyingly stupid he would point out the pass play on the one yard line. Compared to that the dancing sharks are genius.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              My girls liked it.

As predicted the two of them loved it. Danced the whole time it was on. So as long as it makes them smile, it's a success, dancing sharks and all!

Comment

Working...
                              X