rare earth theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rare earth theory

so google rare earth pdf. the book seems to be free. so there's like 200 parameters. the book is 15 years old. the only recent discovery tho is that the letters or cornerstones of DNA can actually be created. they did it recently with a really big laser. they did the urey miller experiment and created DNA. last year.

still it took 4 billion years on this planet to create multiple celled lifeforms.

the book out lines the other parameters.

I think I have some parameters they haven't thought of. but the authors, they had access. they went to the big brains they could and asked the right questions and put it together. very exciting times. could swing either way. it's a scientific question.

also it turns out the that the galactic habitable zone seems important. in a mathematical paper they substituted the drake equation with the rare earth one and found the galactic habitable zone to be zero. which is impossible. but still says something.

you have to be able to prove something is untrue before you prove it true.

maybe this works

Comment

I find the Fermi paradox convincing. If there was other intelligent life, they would have been here by now.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I hate to think zoo, I prefer to think stupid ie not looking for the right things, but buy the whole "robots should be here by now"....
        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
          maybe this works
          REally enjoyed this video. Learned some things I didnt know before. Thanx for posting!

Comment

Asimov debates are great.

Can we get Tyson to moderate the Presidential debates?

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
              I hate to think zoo, I prefer to think stupid ie not looking for the right things, but buy the whole "robots should be here by now"....
              that's the von neuman probe. we haven't built them yet. self replicating probes that help seed life on suitable planets.

Comment

Europa is going to have methane eating squids I bet
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                  Europa is going to have methane eating squids I bet
                  True or not, Methane Eating Squids would be a good name for a band.

Comment

Methane BREATHING squids. Europa gets some serious radiation from Jupiter, so they would be radioactive methane breathing squids.

J
                    Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                      Methane BREATHING squids. Europa gets some serious radiation from Jupiter, so they would be radioactive methane breathing squids.

J
                      they are protected by the frozen ice layer

Comment

Is there another kind of ice?

In any event, its been done. http://www.baenebooks.com/p-1831-portal.aspx

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
                        X