A different type of New Year resolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A different type of New Year resolution

So this year instead of giving something up or changing some bad habit, I decided to take up something new that I've always wanted to do but never have. I picked up a guitar for the first time, and let me tell you, learning to play over the past few weeks I feel like this is the best New Years resolution ever. I highly encourage this

that's all.

My resolution was to eat one banana a day. Just because.
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

I would love to know to know how to play guitar... I just don't want to learn. I don't want to go through all the sucking.
      Last edited by heyelander; 01-15-2015, 08:56 PM.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        I would know to know how to play guitar... I just don't want to learn. I don't want to go through all the sucking.
        I wouldnt be too afraid. In this day and age, just about any song you want to play has a full tutorial on youtube, and I have a huge library of not-that hard songs to practice with step-by-step instructions. Plus I have discovered some terrific guitar teacher types on youtube as well, like Marty Schwartz of guitarjamz.com. The hardest part was developing the callouses on my fingertips, which took a couple weeks.

Comment

I've heard good things about http://rocksmith.ubi.com/rocksmith/e...ome/index.aspx if you have a machine to play it on.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Working...
          X