Man vs. Food RJ edition.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man vs. Food RJ edition.

If you were in a 30 minute contest to see how much of a certain food you could eat. What would it be and how much do you think you could handle?

Hot dogs. Stick with the classics. I'll go 30.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
      Hot dogs. Stick with the classics. I'll go 30.

30 wow - until I saw this

I love it. I will be checking in. 277.8 yesterday. Down from 285 early Dec. so I am hitting the ground running. Ultimate goal is 200 but 240 would make a big difference.

Comment

Well, as fat as I am, I can't eat a lot at once. I once tried eating chicken wings in a contest with fellow workers..... I was one of the worst eaters. 21 chicken wings in 15 minutes, and no way was I going to eat more. The guy who won lasted the whole 30 minutes and he ate over 60 wings.

Comment

Shoo Fly Pie.

I don't really care how much I eat, but if it's free I'll enjoy every bite. And yes, it's a food category for competitive eating:

Bertoletti Shatters Competitive Eating World Record Today at Rockvale Outlets' World's Greatest Shoo-Fly Pie Contest
          — In Rockvale Outlets' World's Greatest Shoo
          Fly Pie Contest (www.shooflypiecontest.com), Pat Bertoletti, currently
          ranked third in the world for competitive eating, shattered the world
          record today for eating the most Shoo-Fly Pie in eight minutes, taking home
          the heavyweight title belt. Bertoletti ingested 37 slices, and more than 11
          pounds of Shoo-Fly Pie, overtaking last year's world record by 12 slices.
          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

My favorite dessert Pogues.... I eat 1 slice a year though because of having diabetes.

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
              30 wow - until I saw this

I love it. I will be checking in. 277.8 yesterday. Down from 285 early Dec. so I am hitting the ground running. Ultimate goal is 200 but 240 would make a big difference.
              The pros eat 34 in 10 mins. I may have overestimated things. I would not be dunking the buns in water and eating them separately, nor eating the hot dogs like a wood chipper. 20?
              http://www.nathansfamous.com/contest/mainevent

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Certainly not true food competition worthy, but I can easily eat a large buttered popcorn by myself when we got to the movies. Now I don't really do this anymore as my wife and I share one.

When it comes to thin crust pizza I can easily eat half of an extra large, but again I don't. I do think if pressed I could eat a whole one.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Deuce View Post
                  Well, as fat as I am, I can't eat a lot at once. I once tried eating chicken wings in a contest with fellow workers..... I was one of the worst eaters. 21 chicken wings in 15 minutes, and no way was I going to eat more. The guy who won lasted the whole 30 minutes and he ate over 60 wings.
                  ...and, you know what the record is???

182 in 30 minutes....

IN
                  Sane

Comment

In a world of truly random eating world records, how about this one??

7-Eleven Sports Slurpee
                    22 oz Sports Slurpee/7-Eleven Sports Slurping Time Trials
                    9 seconds/April 15, 2010

WTF...I take 2 sips too close together (10 seconds) and I get a headache to die from....
                    this guy must not have a brain to even freeze.

Comment

Originally posted by luckyheel View Post
                      In a world of truly random eating world records, how about this one??

7-Eleven Sports Slurpee
                      22 oz Sports Slurpee/7-Eleven Sports Slurping Time Trials
                      9 seconds/April 15, 2010

WTF...I take 2 sips too close together (10 seconds) and I get a headache to die from....
                      this guy must not have a brain to even freeze.
                      How does that not cramp up his throat and brain freeze him to death? Who would even want to try to break that record?

Comment

Originally posted by luckyheel View Post
                        ...and, you know what the record is???

182 in 30 minutes....

IN
                        Sane
                        Nope... it is WAY more than that. We have Wing Bowl every year in Philly, and people routinely go over 225 wings, and I think the record in Philly is 363 wings.

Molly Schuyler, a 5-foot-7, 125-pound mother of four who just happens to be a competitive eater, devoured a jaw-dropping 363 wings over 30 minutes and three rounds Friday to set the Wing Bowl record at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia.

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Deuce View Post
                          Nope... it is WAY more than that. We have Wing Bowl every year in Philly, and people routinely go over 225 wings, and I think the record in Philly is 363 wings.

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/1...ng-bowl-record
                          jeebus. same woman who ate all those wings:

"To qualify for the Wing Bowl, Schuyler ate nine pounds of cottage cheese in 114 seconds. She also holds a world record for eating a 72-ounce steak in less than three minutes."

9 freaking *pounds* of cottage cheese??? in less than 2 minutes? how is that possible?

that shit is just weird.
                          "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

and the woman is rather petite....

Comment

Back in the 80's I watched a friend eat a foot long an inning at Municipal Statium. We came up with the challenge after the 3rd inning, since he was hungry the first 3 innings just happened that way, he missed work the next day.

Comment

Working...
                              X