Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My daughter wants to start podcasting.... need a name for it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My daughter wants to start podcasting.... need a name for it.

She wants to start a podcast reviewing teen books. She is 13, and will review books for kids from age 12 through 17ish..... she actually reads lots of the same books I do, but she still likes her teen books too.

She came up with the idea that if she does it for a long enough time, and it gets noticed, it will help her get into her college of choice.... in any case, it can't hurt.

sure - sounds great - why not - you will want to screen it for now - and she won't like that - internet safety and all that

I have a target audience that would test it for her

GWITH has girls that might be interested in it

Comment

My son might be interested in listening also. He's 11 and reads almost any spare moment he gets...when we don't let him on the Wii.

Teen Book Talk?
      Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

let me know when it's good to go and what it's about. My oldest is an avid read so it might be cool for her at least.

EDIT.. I just asked the girls if they'd listen and give me some feedback and they're cool with it.
        Last edited by GwynnInTheHall; 01-13-2015, 10:42 PM.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Cool.... I was thinking keep it simple like Teen Book Talk.... but I think she wants something a bit more creative.

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
            sure - sounds great - why not - you will want to screen it for now - and she won't like that - internet safety and all that

I have a target audience that would test it for her

GWITH has girls that might be interested in it
            Screen it, heck, I plan to be there when she makes them, mostly for helping her with technical stuff..... though I never made a podcast so I have to learn what to do do.

Comment

Parents just don't understand

"You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

What is your daughter's name? That could help with creativity....
                Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Papa's Pickles...oh wait

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                    Call it, "Ew, I literally can't even"
                    Using the word "literally" might be a good idea in this case!

Comment

Brooke on Books.

If her name is not Brooke, then well, I got nothin'.
                      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Papa Deuce's Daughter Reviews Books She's Read

Comment

'Tween the Pages
                          "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                          - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                          - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Oh, and I want credit if this blows up.
                            "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                            - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                            - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight Otter View Post
                              Papa Deuce's Daughter Reviews Books She's Read
                              So, what's it about?

Comment

Working...
                              X