No announcement yet.

*Official* In Memoriam Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joyce Randolph, best known as Trixie Norton on "The Honeymooners," died at age 99. RIP.

Comment

• Jazz and R&B singer Marlena Shaw died on 1/19/24. She was 81 y/o. RIP.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
        Jazz and R&B singer Marlena Shaw died on 1/19/24. She was 81 y/o. RIP.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Charles Osgood, a TV journalist best known as the host of CBS News Sunday Morning, died at age 81. RIP.

Comment

• Carl Weathers, who most famously played Apollo Creed in the "Rocky" franchise among his 75 movie roles, died at age 76. RIP.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Carl Weathers, who most famously played Apollo Creed in the "Rocky" franchise among his 75 movie roles, died at age 76. RIP.
              Wow. We were watching the sixers last night and some commercial came on with him, Wife said "he still looks jacked for his age!" I was thinking I didn't realize he was still alive.
              Sad
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• image.png
                RIP Chubbs!​

Comment

• Earl Cureton, an 18yr NBA veteran who won 2 NBA titles, died at age 66. RIP.

Comment

• Country music singer Toby Keith has died following a battle with stomach cancer. He was 62 years old. RIP.

Last edited by madducks; 02-06-2024, 09:48 AM.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Henry Fambrough, the last surviving original member of the Spinners has died at age 85. RIP.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Russian opposition leader Alexey Navalny has died (likely murdered by Trump's buddy), age 47. RIP.

Comment

• Former Univ. of MD basketball coach, Charles "Lefty" Driesell, died today. He coached at Maryland from 1969-1986, after coaching at Davidson previously. He resigned after the controversy after star Len Bias' death. He then coached at James Madison and then Georgia State before retiring in 2003. At the time, he was the 4th-winningest Div. 1 coach of all-time, and also at the time he was the only coach to have won 100+ games at 4 different Div. 1 schools. He is credited w building Maryland into a powerhouse basketball program, altho he was never able to achieve his goal to make it into the "UCLA of the East". He was the coach when I became a Terps fan. I remember seeing him w his son at a high school game once in the '70s. He was 92 y/o. RIP.

Comment

• Paul D'Amato, actor who starred in "Slap Shot" and "The Deer Hunter" has died at age 76. RIP.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Vitalij Kuprij, keyboardist for Trans-Siberian Orchestra, has died at age 49. RIP.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• One of a kind. Gifted and a fun showman. Way to early.

Comment

Working...
                                X