No announcement yet.

*Official* In Memoriam Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gil de Ferran, the 2003 Indy 500 winner who still holds the world speed record for a closed course, died at age 56. RIP.

Joey Meyer, who played at DePaul and coached the Blue Demons to 7 NCAA tourney appearances, and was a part of the Meyer coaching dynasty there, died at age 74. RIP.

Comment

• Tom Wilkinson, two-time Oscar-nominated actor who appeared in "The Full Monty," "The Green Hornet,” “Batman Begins,” and “Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol" has died at age 75. RIP.

Last edited by madducks; 12-30-2023, 04:05 PM.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Richard Romanus, a character actor known for The Sopranos and Mean Streets (and one of my favorite shows as a kid, "Strike Force"), died at age 80. RIP.

Comment

• Maurice Hines, one of the world's greatest tap dancers and brother of Gregory Hines, died at age 80. RIP.

Comment

• Shecky Greene, comedian who pioneered the Vegas lounge act with the masterful way he worked a crowd, has died at age 97. RIP.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Actress Glynis Johns died today at age 100. She had been the oldest surviving Academy Award nominee, as well as the oldest surviving Disney legend. She received her Oscar nomination for best supporting actress in The Sundowners. She also was in Mary Poppins. I remember her in The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, where she played the lead. RIP

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                Actress Glynis Johns died today at age 100. She had been the oldest surviving Academy Award nominee, as well as the oldest surviving Disney legend. She received her Oscar nomination for best supporting actress in The Sundowners. She also was in Mary Poppins. I remember her in The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, where she played the lead. RIP
                >>>>>

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• David Soul, best known for playing Det. Kenneth "Hutch" Hutchinson on "Starsky & Hutch," and who also had a hit single with "Don't Give Up on Us" in 1976, died at age 80. RIP.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    David Soul, best known for playing Det. Kenneth "Hutch" Hutchinson on "Starsky & Hutch," and who also had a hit single with "Don't Give Up on Us" in 1976, died at age 80. RIP.

I remember him from the TV movie "Little Ladies of the Evening". I was thinking that he also played the lead in "The White Shadow", but I was wrong. RIP.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      David Soul, best known for playing Det. Kenneth "Hutch" Hutchinson on "Starsky & Hutch," and who also had a hit single with "Don't Give Up on Us" in 1976, died at age 80. RIP.

I liked him in Salem's Lot.

Seems 80 is too young to go these days.

Comment

• Christian Oliver, 51 year-old actor who starred in "Speed Racer" and "Valkyrie" has died in a Caribbean Island plane crash along with his two daughters Madita, 12, and Annik, 10, and their pilot, Robert Sachs. RIP.

He also played Brian Keller on NBC’s Saved by the Bell: The New Class​.

Last edited by madducks; 01-05-2024, 07:03 PM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Harry Johnson, actor who starred in "Law & Order,” "Cold Case," and the original “Battlestar Galactica” has died at age 81. RIP.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Cindy Morgan, an actress best known for playing temptress Lacey Underall in “Caddyshsack”, died at age 69. RIP.

Comment

• Franz Beckenbauer, a legendary German soccer player who also played for the NY Cosmos in the late-1970s, died at age 78. RIP.

Comment

• Peter Crombie, an actor best known for playing “Crazy” Joe Davola On “Seinfeld,” died at age 71. RIP.

Comment

Working...
                                X