*Official* In Memoriam Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 00OCONNOR1-articleLarge.jpg
    Retired U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor, the court's first female member, died Friday at 93, according to the court. RIP
    Attached Files

Comment

• Miles Goodwyn, the original singer of April Wine, died Sunday at age 75. RIP.

Last edited by madducks; 12-04-2023, 01:30 AM.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Chad Allan, original lead singer (left before band became famous) of The Guess Who has died at age 80. RIP.
        Last edited by madducks; 12-04-2023, 01:44 AM.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Les Maguire, keyboardist and last surviving member of the 1960s British group Gerry and the Pacemakers, died Nov. 25 at age 81. RIP.

Last edited by madducks; 12-04-2023, 01:55 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
            Miles Goodwyn, the original singer of April Wine, died Sunday at age 75. RIP.

Damn, love that song

Comment

• Denny Laine, guitarist, piano player, and vocalist with The Moody Blues (briefly) and Wings, has died at age 79. RIP.​

He sang on The Moody Blues 1964 hit "Go Now' which he performed in this solo video.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Norman Lear, legendary TV producer of many classic comedy sitcoms during the 1970's & 1980's has died at age 101. RIP.

TV SHOWS
                All in the Family
                Archie Bunker's Place
                The Facts Of Life
                Good Times
                The Jeffersons
                Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman
                Maude
                One Day At A Time
                Sanford and Son
                Silver Spoons
                Square Pegs

MOVIES
                Fried Green Tomatoes
                The Princess Bride

Last edited by madducks; 12-06-2023, 10:59 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Ryan O’Neal, actor who starred in several landmark films including Love Story, Paper Moon, and What's Up Doc?, has died at age 82. RIP.

He was also the husband of the late actress Farrah Fawcett.

Last edited by madducks; 12-08-2023, 07:29 PM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Andre Braugher, star of Homicide: Life on the Street and Brooklyn Nine Nine, died at age 61. RIP.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Andre Braugher, star of Homicide: Life on the Street and Brooklyn Nine Nine, died at age 61. RIP.
                      i knew what this update was going to be and didn't want to open the thread.

I'd recommend everyone go back and Watch Homocide if they never saw it, but I don't think it's on any streaming services.
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• NBA Hall of Famer George McGinnis died at age 73. RIP.

Comment

• Former UNC great and 8-year NBA center Eric Montross died from cancer at age 52. RIP.

Comment

• Tommy Smothers, comedian who with his brother performed as the singing comedy duo the Smothers Brothers, has died at age 86. RIP.

Last edited by madducks; 12-27-2023, 10:07 PM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Herb Kohl, a former Senator from Wisconsin who also owned the department store Kohl's and the Milwaukee​ Bucks, died at age 86. RIP.

Gaston Glock, the billionaire founder of the gun manufacturer Glock, died at age 94. RIP.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                                Tommy Smothers, comedian who with his brother performed as the singing comedy duo the Smothers Brothers, has died at age 86. RIP.

Loved the Smothers Brothers albums, TV appearances, as well as the Smothers Comedy Hour.

Missed them when they came out of retirement to do some shows in 2021. So much talent, so many laughs. RIP Tommy.

Comment

Working...
                                X