*Official* In Memoriam Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

George Michael dies at the age of 53.

Singer who first made his name as half of pop group Wham! before going on to solo success died peacefully at home

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...tar-dies-at-53
      Crazy. Sounds like he had been sick for awhile though. And he also had that near-death episode a few years back, so maybe he's had health problems ever since.

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...tar-dies-at-53
        Two of my favorite male artists die in the same year, Prince and George Michael. Ugh.
        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Tony Rosato, who was a "Not Ready for Prime Time" player on SNL in 1981-1982 and also had a stint on SCTV, died at age 62. RIP.

Comment

Superfly Snuka dead at age 73. Love ya, brother!

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              Superfly Snuka dead at age 73. Love ya, brother!
              A few years ago one of my office buddies had Superfly in his house for his birthday. His wife was able to convince Snuka's handlers to let him come (along with a nice payday). He showed up, got drunk, and didn't want to leave. My buddy loved that day.
              Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

The last man on the moon, Eugene Cernan, died today at age 83.

Comment

Actress Mary Tyler Moore, famous for the "Dick Van Dyke Show" during the 1960's, the "Mary Tyler Moore Show" during the 1970's, and also nominated for an Oscar for her role in the 1980 movie "Ordinary People", died on Wednesday at the age of 80.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Lou: you've got spunk, kid.
                    Mary: awwww...thanks Mr Grant!
                    Lou: I hate spunk.

40 years on, it still makes me laugh. RIP.

Comment

im still waiting for jon bon jovi and stephen hawking to die. i have my reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                        Actress Mary Tyler Moore, famous for the "Dick Van Dyke Show" during the 1960's, the "Mary Tyler Moore Show" during the 1970's, and also nominated for an Oscar for her role in the 1980 movie "Ordinary People", died on Wednesday at the age of 80.
                        This one stings a little bit. A great television icon.

Comment

Drummer Butch Trucks, founding member of The Allman Brothers Band, died at age 69.
                          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Former NBAer Charles Shackleford, who once famously declared he was "amphibious" when he meant he was ambidextrous, died at age 50.

Comment

Mike Connors (Mannix) passed away at 91.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/mike...ix-1201971140/

Comment

John Hurt RIP ... pancreatic cancer strikes again.

Distinctive-voiced actor was Oscar nominated for Midnight Express and the Elephant Man, as well as being the victim of the notorious ‘chestburster’ in Alien

Comment

Working...
                                X