*Official* In Memoriam Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    David McCallum, who's top roles included Ilya Kuyakin on "The Man from U.N.C.L.E" and Ducky on "NCIS" died at age 90. RIP.

image.png
    I never realized he was the guy on "Man from U.N.C.L.E." back in the 60's. Maybe because I never watched that show.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Michael Gambon, actor who played Albus Dumbledore in 6 of the 8 Harry Potter films has died at age 82. RIP.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Sen. Dianne Feinstein, the longest serving female senator in US history, passed away at age 90. RIP.

Comment

• Michael Chiarello, a Food Network chef known for appearing on “Easy Entertaining with Michael Chiarello” and “Top Chef,” has died at age 61. RIP.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Phyllis Coates, the first actress to play Lois Lane on television, only to leave The Adventures of Superman after just one season, has died at age 96.​ RIP.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Rudolph Isley, one of the founding members of The Isley Brothers, died at age 84. RIP.

Comment

• Rudolph Isley is the one in the orange suit in this 1969 live performance:

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Piper Laurie, a three-time Academy Award nominated actress known for her performances in “The Hustler” and “Carrie” on film and in “Twin Peaks” on television, has died at age 91.​ RIP.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Suzanne Somers, actress best known for playing Chrissy Snow on “Three’s Company” and who later became an entrepreneur and best-selling author, has died at age 76 after battling breast cancer for more than two decades. RIP.

Last edited by madducks; 10-15-2023, 11:18 PM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      Piper Laurie, a three-time Academy Award nominated actress known for her performances in “The Hustler” and “Carrie” on film and in “Twin Peaks” on television, has died at age 91.​ RIP.

I loved her in the "The Hustler", one of my all-time favorite movies. RIP

Comment

• I'm just now finding out that Brazilian singer Astrud Gilberto died on 6/5/23. She's best known for her work w jazz saxophonist, Stan Getz, particularly "The Girl From Ipanema", which became a crossover hit. She had a very long and successful career and I was fortunate to have seen her in concert twice. She died at age 83 at her home in Philadelphia. RIP.
                        Last edited by rhd; 12-23-2023, 04:37 AM.

Comment

• Burt Young, best known for playing Paulie in the Rocky movies, died at age 83. RIP.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                            I'm just now finding out that Brazilian singer Astrud Gilberto died on 6/5/23. She's best known for her work w jazz saxophonist, Stan Getz, particularly "The Girl From Ipanema", which became a crossover hit. She had a very long and successful career and I was fortunate to have seen her in concert twice. She died at age 83 at her home in Philadelphia. RIP.
                            Astrud Gilberto and Stan Getz - The Girl From Ipanema (1964) LIVE

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Bobi, the world's oldest dog ever, has died at age 31. RIP.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Richard Roundtree, the actor best known for his performance as the lead character in “Shaft,” died at age 81.RIP.

Comment

Working...
                                X