*Official* In Memoriam Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1960s pop star Bobby Vee, 73
    1980s new wave band Dead or Alive ("You Spin Me Round") frontman Pete Burns, 57
    1960s activist Tom Hayden, 76

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      1960s pop star Bobby Vee, 73
      1980s new wave band Dead or Alive ("You Spin Me Round") frontman Pete Burns, 57
      1960s activist Tom Hayden, 76
      a "holy crap" tidbit: "Earlier this year, Burns admitted he had endured more than 300 procedures to fix botched surgeries on his face, which left him depressed and fighting for his life."
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
        a "holy crap" tidbit: "Earlier this year, Burns admitted he had endured more than 300 procedures to fix botched surgeries on his face, which left him depressed and fighting for his life."
        You don't say?

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
        "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
        "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

I'd just like to point out for the record that I posted words, words only ...
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
            WWE is saddened to learn of reports that Joanie Laurer, best known for competing in WWE as Chyna, has passed away.

http://www.wwe.com/article/chyna-pas...y?sf24752031=1
            Good article about the rise and fall of Joanie Laurer entitled "The Great Fall of Chyna".

http://thelab.bleacherreport.com/the...fall-of-chyna/
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Robert Vaughn, best known for playing Napoleon Solo in "The Man from U.N.C.L.E." dies at age 83.

Comment

Leonard Cohen passed away at age 82.

Comment

Leon Russell, the prolific singer/songwriter perhaps best known for 1972's "Tightrope", died at age 74.

Comment

Sharon Jones, lead singer of Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings, died at age 60 from pancreatic cancer.

Comment

Ron Glass, who famously portrayed Det. Ron Harris on "Barney Miller" died at age 71. RIP.

Comment

We missed America's mom's passing: Florence Henderson at the age of 82.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                          We missed America's mom's passing: Florence Henderson at the age of 82.
                          I thought she deserved her own thread. But being mentioned in two threads seems appropriate as well. RIP Florence. And long live Carol Brady.
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Michael "Jim" Delligatti, inventor of the Big Mac in 1967 and a Pittsburgh resident has died at the age of 98. I never realized that the Big Mac originated right here in Western PA.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/30/news...lds/index.html

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Greg Lake, of Emerson, Lake & Palmer and King Crimson, died at age 69.

Comment

John Glenn, the first American astronaut to orbit the earth and a longtime U.S. senator died Thursday at the age of 95.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/08/health...ead/index.html

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X