No announcement yet.

*Official* In Memoriam Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lou Ottens, the Dutch inventor of the cassette tape, has died at the age of 94. RIP.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/11/europ...ntl/index.html

By the end of the 1980's, i had over 800 of those things. Because i couldn't play vinyl records in my car. Then i transitioned to compact discs during the 1990's. Only have about 600 of those.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Legendary middleweight boxer Marvelous Marvin Hagler died at age 66. RIP.

Comment

• Yaphet Kotto, a character actor who had a lengthy career and is best known for his roles in Alien, The Running Man, Live and Let Die, Raid on Entebbe, Homicide: Life on the Street and others, died at age 81. RIP.

Comment

• The Lakers just announced that NBA Hall of Famer and Legend Elgin Baylor has passed at the age of 86 from natural causes. RIP

Comment

• Prolific actor George Segal died at age 87. RIP.

Comment

• Jessica Walters dead at 80.

Most recently Lucille Bluth on Arrested Development and the voice of Archer's mom on Archer.

I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• She was very creepy in the movie Play Misty For Me.

Great TV actress.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    She was very creepy in the movie Play Misty For Me.

Great TV actress.
                    That's the role I remember her for. She was great in that. "Play Misty For Me" is what was remade later as "Fatal Attraction". RIP.

Comment

• Oscar Frayer, a senior on Grand Canyon’s basketball team which just lost to Iowa on Tuesday, was killed in a car accident early this morning. Terrible. RIP.

Comment

• Craig “muMs da schemer” Grant, a poet and actor who most prominently appeared on the HBO show ‘Oz’, died of natural causes at age 52. RIP.

Comment

• B.B. Dickerson, bass player for the band "War", has died at age 71. RIP.

Last edited by madducks; 04-04-2021, 08:40 PM.
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Actress Gloria Henry, who played Dennis the Menace's mother Alice Mitchell in the original TV show from 1959-1963 has died at age 98. RIP.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Democratic Rep. Alcee Hastings, a civil rights activist and the longest-serving member of Florida's congressional delegation, has died from pancreatic cancer at age 84. RIP.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• British actor Paul Ritter who played Eldred Worple in "Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince" has died of a brain tumor at age 54. RIP.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X