*Official* In Memoriam Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    Hall of Fame trainer LeRoy Jolley, who won the Kentucky Derby twice with Foolish Pleasure and Genuine Risk, died at age 80. RIP.
    And just one week later, Hall of Fame trainer Jack Van Berg died of cancer at age 81. Van Berg trained classic winners Alysheba and Gate Dancer.

Comment

• Just thought I'd post here about someone nobody knows - my mother's aunt passed away yesterday, a couple of months shy of 104. She was a pretty amazing lady, growing up & getting married on a farm on the Canadian prairies through the depression until her late 50's when her husband died. She then moved to Toronto to live with her daughter for almost another 50 (!) years. She became an avid traveler, seeing much of the world ... she traveled through both Scandinavia & China while in her 90's. A life well lived.
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
        Just thought I'd post here about someone nobody knows - my mother's aunt passed away yesterday, a couple of months shy of 104. She was a pretty amazing lady, growing up & getting married on a farm on the Canadian prairies through the depression until her late 50's when her husband died. She then moved to Toronto to live with her daughter for almost another 50 (!) years. She became an avid traveler, seeing much of the world ... she traveled through both Scandinavia & China while in her 90's. A life well lived.
        Sounds like an amazing lady.

I am sorry for your loss.

Comment

• Broadway and television actress Rose Marie, best known for her role as Sally Rogers on "The Dick Van Dyke Show" and the "Hollywood Squares" game show has died at age 94.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Jerry Van Dyke, actor and younger brother of Dick Van Dyke has died at the age of 86.
            He made his television acting debut on "The Dick Van Dyke Show" with several guest appearances as Rob Petrie's brother, Stacey. He is best known for playing the role of Luther Van Dam on the comedy sitcom "Coach".
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• John Young, an astronaut who walked on the moon and was commander of the first Space Shuttle mission, died at age 87.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                Jerry Van Dyke, actor and younger brother of Dick Van Dyke has died at the age of 86.
                He made his television acting debut on "The Dick Van Dyke Show" with several guest appearances as Rob Petrie's brother, Stacey. He is best known for playing the role of Luther Van Dam on the comedy sitcom "Coach".
                He was also in the sitcom "My Mother the Car", which has to be one of the all time silliest ideas for a show.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                  He was also in the sitcom "My Mother the Car", which has to be one of the all time silliest ideas for a show.
                  And he turned down the lead role in "Gilligan's Island" to star in it.

Comment

• Motorhead guitarist "Fast Eddie" Clarke died at 67, the last of their classic lineup. RIP.

Comment

• Keith Jackson, longtime ABC sports broadcaster, passed away Friday at 89.
                      Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• Dolores O’Riordon, lead singer of The Cranberries, died at age 46.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Dolores O’Riordon, lead singer of The Cranberries, died at age 46.
                          holy shite! I hung out with her a bunch of times at her cottage a couple of hours north of Toronto (she married a guy from Toronto who I knew through a friend of a friend) ... wow.
                          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                            holy shite! I hung out with her a bunch of times at her cottage a couple of hours north of Toronto (she married a guy from Toronto who I knew through a friend of a friend) ... wow.
                            Very sad to hear this--way too young. I absolutely adored the Cranberries in high school, and had a crush on Dolores (and Sinead O'Connor--I guess I had a thing for pretty bald Irish gals who could sing). It is great you got to meet and hang out with her.

Comment

• Da fuc ... hadn't even heard any rumours of illness.

In 2017 The Cranberries announced a tour including dates in Europe, the UK, and the US.

However, in May - shortly into the European tour - The Cranberries had to cancel the remainder of the European dates as a result of O'Riordan's health issues.

The official Cranberries website cited "medical reasons associated with a back problem" preventing singer Dolores O'Riordan's from performing.
                              Guess it was a bit more serious than a back problem.
                              Last edited by johnnya24; 01-15-2018, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                                Da fuc ... hadn't even heard any rumours of illness.

Guess it was a bit more serious than a back problem.
                                The dark side of me wonders if she got addicted to painkillers.
                                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                                X