Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    RIP Chris Cornell

Was just listening to those first couple of Audioslave records a couple of weeks back.
    Ugh. yeah. It's gonna be depressing when all the 90's alternative rock guys start checking out. RIP, brother.

"When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
      RIP Chris Cornell

Was just listening to those first couple of Audioslave records a couple of weeks back.
      Temple of the Dog is still in my car's CD player. Man this one hurts.

I never wanted
      To write these words down for you
      With the pages of phrases
      Of things well never do
      So I blow out the candle, and
      I put you to bed
      Since you cant say to me
      Now how the dogs broke your bone
      Theres just one thing left to be said
      Say hello to heaven

Comment

• I used to sing Black Hole Sun to my kids as a lullaby.....that and "No woman, No cry"....

always one of my favorite videos, could be the visuals to a Laird Barron or Thomas Ligotti short story
        Last edited by Fresno Bob; 05-18-2017, 01:32 PM. Reason: video
        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Actor Powers Boothe, who played Cy Tolliver in Deadwood and President Noah Daniels on 24 among many roles, died at age 67. RIP.

few people could do "high end menacing" better than Powers Boothe
          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Roger Moore, who played James Bond seven times from 1973-1985, died at age 89. RIP.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              Roger Moore, who played James Bond seven times from 1973-1985, died at age 89. RIP.

I thought this was really cool. Hope the link works

---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              ---------------------------------------------
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                I thought this was really cool. Hope the link works

https://twitter.com/teamfaceplant/st...17969113055232
                Great story. Would that all of our childhood heroes live up to our hopes so well.

Comment

• Gregg Allman, RIP

Comment

• Former US Senator and Baseball Hall of Famer Jim Bunning, has died at the age of 85.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Former National Security Advisor Zbigniew Brzenzski died at age 89. RIP.

Comment

• Adam West, the actor who played Batman in the 60's TV show and movie has died at age 88.

West said that when he would make telephone calls, strangers would immediately recognize Batman's distinctive voice lol.

RIP Batman.

Last edited by madducks; 06-11-2017, 10:58 AM.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Anthony Young. Mets "pitcher"
                          http://http://www.espn.com/mlb/story...d-skid-dies-51

Comment

• RIP Martin Landau and George A. Romero.

Comment

• Glen Campbell, singer/guitarist most famous for his 1975 hit song "Rhinestone Cowboy" has died at age 81.

Didn't realize this (from CNN):
                              He was part of the famed "Wrecking Crew" of L.A. session musicians that included Hal Blaine, Leon Russell, Larry Knechtel and Carol Kaye. The crack band played on records by Phil Spector, Gary Lewis and the Playboys, the Monkees, the Beach Boys and Frank Sinatra.
                              That's Campbell's fretwork on the Beach Boys' "Good Vibrations" and "Help Me Rhonda," Sinatra's "Something in the Night" and Elvis Presley's "Viva Las Vegas," among hundreds of recordings.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Two comedy icons -- and who lent their considerable talents to other fields -- Jerry Lewis & Dick Gregory, both passed away the last couple of days. RIP.

Comment

Working...
                                X