No announcement yet.

2015 Get Healthy Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fresh grilled fish on organic greens with garden grown veggies and a homemade vinaigrette.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Finally did my first full day of tracking yesterday. My food calories were only about 1500 with few carbs and good fat/protein but since I was in Vegas the free cocktails added up pretty quick. Kinda confirms my assumption that my eating habits are good-to-excellent but it's the alcohol consumption that keeps me from my ideal physique.

This morning's gas station egg and sausage sandwich has me off to a bad start - it had like 600 calories and tons of fat. I need to start remembering to bring Balance bars with me when I travel since on-the-go breakfast options are always pretty bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
        We've seen a wave of anti-vaxxer Waldorf schools close in California as whooping cough rolls through them
        My daughters prep school LOST to the Waldorf school in middle school softball - her team was wretched -
        the best part was that the Waldorf school had never won before,so they were uncomfortable celebrating a win because it would put themselves higher and ruin the egos of the other school - so they quietly smiled and ate their snacks

Comment

Chicken chili with a dollap of light sour cream, snap peas with garlic, 13 Mary's GF crackers, 1 light mini Babybel, 1 FF Greek yogurt.

Going home to roast broccoli and carrots to go with grilled souvlaki chops or lemon pepper chicken. Not missing bread.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
            Chicken chili with a dollap of light sour cream, snap peas with garlic, 13 Mary's GF crackers, 1 light mini Babybel, 1 FF Greek yogurt.

Going home to roast broccoli and carrots to go with grilled souvlaki chops or lemon pepper chicken. Not missing bread.
            We love bread, we buy Ezekiel sprouted for regular use but have a guy down the street who makes fresh baguettes 2 for a buck.
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I had some homemade chicken noodle soup to go with my raisins and cashews
              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

crock pot vegetarian chili. Probably too much light sour-cream though.
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                  We love bread, we buy Ezekiel sprouted for regular use but have a guy down the street who makes fresh baguettes 2 for a buck.
                  I just heard about this. The supermarket around the corner sells it. Haven't tried it yet.

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                    I just heard about this. The supermarket around the corner sells it. Haven't tried it yet.
                    If you're not used to it, give it a loaf or two...it's grow on you.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

give it a loaf or two...it's grow on you.
                      How is that a good thing for bread?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
                        How is that a good thing for bread?
                        You haven't eaten this bread obviously lol

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

If you're not used to it, give it a loaf or two...it's grow on you.
                          The last 2 loaves I went through were sorghum and chick pea, and I didn't blink. Peanut butter, butter, bacon marmalade on top works wonders. Thanks for the heads-up.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                            Pizza and beer. I can already feel the cancerous cells plotting against me.
                            You're certainly gonna die unless you kill off those bad cells with tequila.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              You're certainly gonna die unless you kill off those bad cells with tequila.
                              I am living to 100...........

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Dang, turns out my weekend habits are as bad as I had feared. Yesterday started off with my typical weekend breakfast (3 scrambled eggs, two little sausage links, and some fruit) but then I was out and about with some friends so we had a couple beers while watching the Pats game and I had a little 7" margherita pizza for lunch. Since it was a late lunch I just had a few taquitos for dinner before heading out to the bars with a buddy but one bar had free chips and salsa and another had free peanuts so those calories added up as well. Including the two cocktails I had before we left and the four I had out at bars, my daily calorie total came out to 3,100 I don't go out every weekend and normally there's no food involved, but it's still a big eye-opener.

Comment

Working...
                                X