Cuba...Our new friend to the South.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cuba...Our new friend to the South.

So Obama the commie is of course normalizing relations with Cuba.

Now maybe I can get a good Monte Cristo for less than 50 bucks a stick.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post

I've never understood our stance towards Cuba, this seems like a no brainer to me.
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      I've never understood our stance towards Cuba, this seems like a no brainer to me.
      An enemy just off shore to remind folk how close the evil doers really are. Sadly they aren't "towel heads", so they've out lasted their usefulness.

Comment

if we can normalize relations with Vietnam, we should be able to normalize relations with Cuba
        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
          if we can normalize relations with Vietnam, we should be able to normalize relations with Cuba
          Cuba publicly stood up to America. Freedom and democracy doesn't like that.

Plus, I hear it's a great place to stash a concentration camp and torture people.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
            Cuba publicly stood up to America. Freedom and democracy doesn't like that.

Plus, I hear it's a great place to stash a concentration camp and torture people.
            We lost a war to Vietnam, and we like that even less....
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
              We lost a war to Vietnam, and we like that even less....
              Yeah but that's surely negated by the sheer quantity of awesome Vietnam war movies?

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                Yeah but that's surely negated by the sheer quantity of awesome Vietnam war movies?
                Americans love the smell of napalm in the morning !! Amirite ?
                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Amen! Brother Amen!

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                    Awesome! I've always wanted to take a vacation to Cuba (without all the inane restrictions.)

It's about time.
                    I would also like to visit Cuba.

Comment

I am enjoying a Flathead 660 as I type this. It is no Cuban Monte, but still a good smoke.

Comment

I think this is a ballsy move by Obama, or foolhardy however you want to view it, or both. Long overdue as far as I'm concerned, but w a Republican-controlled Congress I dont see how this will work. But I'm glad the US finally is taking this first step.

Now, let's put an MLB franchise in Havana! Maybe the Rays can move there

Comment

Great news for the company I work for...

Comment

This is no fun. Everyone is agreeing.

Here is to the 51st state. Hopefully they shoot down any civilian planes this time.

J
                            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                              This is no fun. Everyone is agreeing.

Here is to the 51st state. Hopefully they shoot down any civilian planes this time.

J
                              Very good backstory on that - http://www.theatlantic.com/internati...mbargo/381107/

Comment

Working...
                              X