Driving a friend on an errand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving a friend on an errand

This was posted a few years ago was shocked at the number of people that thought it inappropriate.

I am a married guy (for many years) and a young female single co-worker needed me to help her drop off her car at the shop about 35 minutes away - so I gave her a ride back to her last night.

It seems that some posters didn't think that a married man should have another female (married or single) alone in the car.

Does anyone have a thought or remember this discussion?

this thread is useless without pics.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Depends a lot on what your wife will think. I would say that a majority of women would not be happy with their husband ferrying around other women ... innocent or not. So if your wife won't tolerate this, then don't do it if avoidable ... not worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
        Depends a lot on what your wife will think. I would say that a majority of women would not be happy with their husband ferrying around other women ... innocent or not. So if your wife won't tolerate this, then don't do it if avoidable ... not worth it.
        majority? really? my wife approves of me helping a co-worker out male or female - and wouldn't think twice about it - and I wouldn't think anything of it if she helped someone else out

Comment

I'm with swampy here.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I'm with swampdragon as well. Wouldn't think twice about it.
            people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
              majority? really? my wife approves of me helping a co-worker out male or female - and wouldn't think twice about it - and I wouldn't think anything of it if she helped someone else out
              I would say a majority of women wouldn't be happy with their husband's ferrying around single younger women. If not majority, certainly a substantial amount.

Clearly you are not doing anything wrong, the opposite in fact. But that's not really the point of the query is it? If you have a fully trusting relationship, then there is no issue. If you suspect your partner is a little bit jealous or suspicious, then don't do it because it will come back to bite you in the ass.

Comment

On a related note, Kristin Hersh replied to a Twitter I made with this one: "@scott6thompson i think we both better hightail it to mexico". So I've decided to ignore all context and started packing my bags.
                people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                  On a related note, Kristin Hersh replied to a Twitter I made with this one: "@scott6thompson i think we both better hightail it to mexico". So I've decided to ignore all context and started packing my bags.
                  adios

Comment

Well, I once went to a concert with a female friend of my wife. No big deal, I say.

Comment

As much as I like Throwing Muses and KH, I don't think Kristen will be letting you ferry around any Senorita's in Meheho.

Comment

Don't remember the thread. Helping out a coworker is the only decent thing to do here, regardless of gender or age. I would hope we all married decent women.
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

If this is a problem for the wife then the marriage has issues and probably won't last. This is a 1950s stupid Mad Men issue that has no place in the world today.
                          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I don't remember if it was helping or not - but many were concerned about being in a car with a woman that wasnt your wife - without your wife

Comment

Nice! I love Kristin Hersh.
                              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                              X