Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lot late. But just found this one:

The Marvelous 3 - Merry Christmas

Last edited by madducks; 12-24-2023, 01:36 AM.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Steve Vai - Christmas Time Is Here

Last edited by madducks; 12-24-2023, 01:37 AM.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

interesting timing to resurrect this thread ... I heard a Christmas song in the Starbucks this morning & for the first time this season I didn't cringe ... seemed appropriate.

having said that it definitely wasn't a favourite ... I'll have to think about that ...
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Even the Christmas version of this song kicks ass! Special appearance by Steven Spielberg on drums lol.

Cheap Trick - I want You For Christmas

Last edited by madducks; 12-24-2023, 01:38 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

My wife's Christmas album:
            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Los Lonely Boys - She'll Be My Everything For Christmas

Last edited by madducks; 12-24-2023, 01:38 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                A bit late to the party, but another of my favourite Xmas songs ... the first country Xmas contribution?

This is a recent favourite ...

Sufjan Stevens has released a bunch of Christmas themed records. Mostly covers apart from the last release, "Songs For Christmas Vol 5". Sister Winter is really nice:

And the cheerily titled "This Was The Worst Christmas Ever"

Last edited by johnnya24; 12-04-2015, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Always thought that the original Stevie Wonder version was a great song but still missing something. I think these guys found it.

Weeping Willows - Someday At Christmas

Last edited by madducks; 12-24-2023, 01:39 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Here's a good one to kick start your Christmas party. A Christmas polka by who else but...............Bob Dylan?

Bob Dylan - Must Be Santa

Last edited by madducks; 12-24-2023, 01:40 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Anyone have any doubts that madducks has a wardrobe full of sweaters like this?

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                        Anyone have any doubts that madducks has a wardrobe full of sweaters like this?
                        LOL noooo waaaay. I wouldn't even include it in the quote. However i will be posting a video with somebody wearing a similar one.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Still my Christmas song performance...

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                            My wife's Christmas album
                            I just tried to buy two on amazon (one for RJEL girl and one for my Dad) but they only have 1 in stock.
                            I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

fuckers. You can buy it on cdbaby (http://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/KimNalley), or on iTunes or Google Play if you want digital copies. I'll tell Kim to see what's up with Amazon, I don't know how they do fulfillment.

Or you can come to the Christmas show in SF on the 20th at 3pm and I'll give you one there.
                              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                                Or you can come to the Christmas show in SF on the 20th at 3pm and I'll give you one there.
                                bummer. Flying back to philly for RJEL girls family on the 20th-25th.
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X