Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
    You just get out of a time warp?
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Lindsey Stirling - You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch (ft. Sabrina Carpenter)​

Last edited by madducks; 11-27-2023, 10:15 AM.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
          Sex still sells.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
            Sex still sells.
            You complaining?
            “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

Comment

• This song was on an album called "A Christmas Gift for You from Phil Spector" that was released on November 22, 1963, the same day that President Kennedy was assassinated. With the nation in mourning, the album was not a success upon its initial release but has since become considerably more popular. It was re-released by Apple Records in 1972 and reached No. 6 on Billboard′s list of Christmas Albums that year.

The Ronette's "Sleigh Ride" has become the most popular version of the song, charting yearly in Billboard's Top Ten of the U.S. Holiday 100 and it also made it to number 26 in the 2018 Hot 100.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• From that same album.

Darlene Love - Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)

Last edited by madducks; 11-27-2023, 10:14 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Here's a recent one from Fifth Harmony girl Ally Brooke - Last Christmas

Last edited by madducks; 11-27-2023, 10:13 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• This one is catchy too: https://tinyurl.com/vbuu87y

Comment

• Another recent one from former American Idol contestants Haley Reinhart & Casey Abrams.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I hate christmas music. But I'm working in a record store and obligated to play several hours a day.

The Phil Spector record is overplayed. The only other decent ones I've found are James Brown's funky Christmas, James Brown's Soulful Christmas, Stevie Wonder, Bob Dylan, She & Him (Zooey Deschanel has a lovely voice). I dunno. I'm not into Willy Nelson's Pretty Paper, but it beats Mariah Carey. The 'We Wish You A Metal Xmas' album is also terrible. Eric Clapton, mostly terrible except for 1 funky world music jam.

Any suggestions based on my list?
                        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          This one is catchy too: https://tinyurl.com/vbuu87y
                          I suspect I see what you did there.
                          “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                            I suspect I see what you did there.
                            Huh??

Comment

• THIS - easily one of the best ever - easily

Comment

• The melody at 39 seconds in "Linus and Lucy" is arguably the greatest melody/riff in music history!
                                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
                                X