interesting objects in your possession

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interesting objects in your possession

I have a kangaroo caddy. they made them in 1956. I've held onto it for 40 years. it's not worth much. I saw it in the movie pulp fiction. I see a lot of them on ebay, it was probably a popular item back in the day.

I have 3 ceramic liquor bottles from the 70's.

For some reason, I have a stack of letters/papers autographed by mid-level politicians. I might have an Adlai Stevenson signed letter, but most are from the 60s-70s.

Comment

I have a Pittsburgh Steelers cookbook, printed some time in the 70s, signed by (and given to me by) Jack Ham, who is an uncle of a good friend.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
        I have a Pittsburgh Steelers cookbook, printed some time in the 70s, signed by (and given to me by) Jack Ham, who is an uncle of a good friend.
        Very cool!

I have a '80's Miller Lite Liquor Store sign with the Taste's Great and Less Filling Softball teams...John Madden, Bubba Smith, Billy Martin, Boog Powell. Tried to sell it on Ebay years ago...no bids. It even has the cards for the promotional give away on it.
        "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
        - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
        - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

I have a Totino's pizza in the oven
          It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
          Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
            I have a Totino's pizza in the oven
            Enjoy ! My avatar at one time was a Totino's Pizza Box and even started a thread about it on the old site. That was my go to "Pizza" in high school and college. I haven't had one in about 5 years.
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            ---------------------------------------------
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I have a 1984 Detroit Tigers yearbook. Was flipping through it recently for the fist time in many years ... kinda cool. That was the first year I bought the Rotisserie League Handbook as well - it's sitting on the shelf right beside it.
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

I have autographed copies of the Baseball Abstract, from 1985, 1986 and 1987 plus a not autographed 1988. I saw a marked down 1984 in the University bookstore, but didn't get it because it was out of date. Doh!

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I have a towel that Gene Simmons threw out into the crowd after wiping his face.... For 10 years you could sort of see his face on it.... now it just looks like a dirty towel.

I also have the notebook of hand written lyrics from Cinderella's "Long Cold Winter" CD. Tom Kieffer personally gave them to me, so I know they are legit.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                    All pork recipes?
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I have a 'big toe' nail that just fell off after 6 months; I played softball this summer for 1st time in 20 years and the toe took a beating. A new one grew back underneath it, as I see now that the original fell off. I think my great-grandfather on my dad's side was a lizard.
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Papa Deuce View Post
                        I have a towel that Gene Simmons threw out into the crowd after wiping his face.... For 10 years you could sort of see his face on it.... now it just looks like a dirty towel.

I also have the notebook of hand written lyrics from Cinderella's "Long Cold Winter" CD. Tom Kieffer personally gave them to me, so I know they are legit.
                        Cool! The notebook. The towel not so much. I don't think i would want anyone's sweaty towel.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                        X