Which console?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which console?

Looking to get a game console for my 7 & 9 year old & the inner 15 year old in me. Which one on the market would you recommend? The only real tie in is I want to get one that has Minecraft on it as my kids both love it.

PS4 is well ahead in every comparison I've read ... more games and more potential with Project Morpheus on the horizon.

Edit: though nothing between them in terms of raw specs.

Comment

Another option if you prefer PC games, although your kids might not: http://www.pcworld.com/article/28508...omplement.html
      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

The Xbox One we ordered just arrived. I was thinking of making the switch to PS4, but my son now has a boatload of friends online that he plays games with. Plus, I guess I'm used to the Xbox already.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          The Xbox One we ordered just arrived. I was thinking of making the switch to PS4, but my son now has a boatload of friends online that he plays games with. Plus, I guess I'm used to the Xbox already.
          We own way too many xbox games to shift to the xbox one, Nintendo did it right with backwards compatibility with the wii U
          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

I would recommend the PS4 vs XB1 (Full disclosure: I have had every PS system since the start)... You can get the PS4 (amazing graphics) but to play online, you do need to join the PSN and get PS Plus. Since the kids are so young, I would say grab a PS3 system... a lot cheaper, free online game play and minecraft is available for it.
            I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
            You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
            "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
            It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
              We own way too many xbox games to shift to the xbox one, Nintendo did it right with backwards compatibility with the wii U
              I was surprised the Xbox One doesn't have backward compatibility, but they do recommend keeping the 360 and connecting it to the Xbox One with an HDMI cable.

Comment

Working...
              X