Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get Sirius XM to lower your bill..... a LOT.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get Sirius XM to lower your bill..... a LOT.

Just got my bill Saturday for Sirius for 2 cars for a year.... it was $292.45. Whoa! I only pay $48 a year for Pandora, with no ads.... and I love Pandora ( mostly ).

So I called Sirius today and I was honest with them. I just told them I didn't see the value in keeping them at $292.45 a year, when basically, we only use Sirius for sports and news, while we mostly use Pandora for music.

So, I was put in touch with a guy who handled billing.... and my service went down to $162 per year for 2 cars, PLUS they added free use of their app and online service. I really wanted usage of the app, and I think they charge $7 a month for that. Plus, I think they charge for online PC usage, too.

Anyway, the whole thing took 15 minutes..... nice savings for 15 minutes.... plus I locked the price in for 2 years. But I can still cancel whenever I want.... but at that price, I won't be canceling.

I probably could have even haggled the price down lower, but now I am paying what I feel is a fair price in today's market.
    Last edited by Papa Deuce; 11-10-2014, 10:27 AM.

yep - there also are discount codes on the internet
    and mentioning one gets things changed without even moving up the customer service ladder

As for Pandora - their playlist is seeming limited to me right now.

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
      yep - there also are discount codes on the internet
      and mentioning one gets things changed without even moving up the customer service ladder

As for Pandora - their playlist is seeming limited to me right now.
      Yeah, it does seem to be getting smaller. But then again, I don't mind a little more KC and the Sunshine Band.

Comment

I had a car accident in June and my car was out of commission for a month, so I called to cancel and said I'd re-start when I got my car back. The phone rep instantly offered a discount to $30 for the next six months if I didn't cancel. So I assume you could always just threaten to cancel and see what they do.

Another way to scale back the cost is to simply find a better package from them. I didn't need nor care for a few channels, so I went with their basic package which had everything I wanted (with the exception of the NFL channel), and that cost $10/mo. less.

Comment

Yeah, Revo..... This account I was talking about was a current account under my wife's name.... I used to have my own account, and about 3 months ago, they sent a coupon in the mail.... $20 for 5 months to re-start, with no activation fee.

I probably could have hammered out a better deal, but honestly, I wasn't in the mood to sit there and argue too much. But I think $162 for 2 cars, online, and the app for my phone / iPad, is a fair price. Now that I have the app working, I will probably be using it on my phone 8 hours a day, through my stereo. Hopefully it sounds great. But one thing I have already noticed with the app.... it dropped signal twice in 2 hours, and it was not like a timer.... it came up with a "lost signal" message.... That's not too cool.

Comment

Working...
          X