Any cigar smokers here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any cigar smokers here?

I like to smoke a cigar about once a month, during the warmer months. Today, I actually have a Cuban cigar, given to me by a journalist I know, who traveled to Cuba.

But I don't buy expensive cigars. My stogie of choice is a $5 Gloria Cubana.

Personally, I prefer a pipe, but I had to give that up, as I found myself smoking too often. I started smoking a pipe in college when the residents on my floor bought one for me because I was 21 years old when I started living in dorms, and they called me "Gramps". I smoked it a lot for about 2 years, then decided to give it up. Captain Black vanilla or black cherry were my preferred tobacco flavors.

I smoke 2 or 3 a week. I lean towards Maduros.

On Wednesdays during the 35 week bowling season I drive during my lunch hour to Harry's Cigars and make that my office. It takes me about an hour to get there from my house. I enjoy a cigar while getting my paperwork done. I leave at 6:00 to get to the bowling alley 10 minutes away. I usually find another time or two during the week to enjoy a cigar.

If the weather permits, I smoke a cigar outside of the church that lets us use their facility for our Tuesday Night Recovery Group.

I also smoke a cigar when I fish or golf. I had one yesterday on the golf course, weather permitting one tonight, one office Wednesday. This is a heavy week for cigars.

My go to cigar is actually the house brand at Harry's. I get 5 for $25 plus tax. Very good.

My three favorites depending on mood are CAO Flatheads, Camacho Triple Maduro, and La Gloria Cubana Series R Black.

Comment

I work for a big cigar company but I've never smoked one in my life. Go figure...

Comment

Originally posted by ironfist View Post
        I work for a big cigar company but I've never smoked one in my life. Go figure...
        What do you do for them?

Comment

I prefer a pipe too
          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            What do you do for them?
            I maintain the website and put together the emails and some other web stuff.

Comment

I used to smoke one every couple of months but stopped years ago
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

I love cigars....I got hooked a couple of years ago.

My personal favorites so far....Diesel, CAO and Man O' War.

Everytime I go golfing and sit by the bonfire, I light one up.

Comment

3 times a year, when we convene at a retired teacher's cottage.

I stocked up on Cubans the last 2 Christmas'. Some cheap, some fake, some authentic.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                  Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                  Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
                  X