Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your favorite restaurant? And how many times a year do you eat there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your favorite restaurant? And how many times a year do you eat there?

OK, let's skip fast food places, and talk about real restaurants.

I have an Indian place near me called Shagun. We go about 6x a year.

I have about 5 that I go to at least 20 times a year.

The local pizza place that has the only decent pizza, and a fairly good meatball parm seems me about 2-3 times a week.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Mexican place about once a month. Locally owned and really nice people!
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        I have about 5 that I go to at least 20 times a year.

The local pizza place that has the only decent pizza, and a fairly good meatball parm seems me about 2-3 times a week.
        Don't like washing dishes?

Comment

Chinese Buffet about 3 Wednesdays a month for lunch.

As far as Dinner with my wife; Moretti's Italian about 3 or 4 times a year. Mostly we like to try new things. We are located midway from Chicago and Milwaukee so we have a lot to choose from.

We just revisited a local steak house called the Backyard Steak Pit. We used to go about 4 times a year but not so much in the last several years. We had a wonderful meal and were questioning why we don't go there more often. I am guessing this will be back on the playlist.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
            Don't like washing dishes?
            Let's not jump to conclusions. He could be completely incompetent at cooking.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

I easily go to Delfina 20X a year, probably Tacolicious as well. I also get food to go from Delfina at least that much as well. My wife is an awesome cook, so going out to eat is primarily a social thing for us, meeting friends, having some cocktails. Basically any time she says to me that "You are making dinner" it basically means, "Get us into one of our resturants". It also helps that they are all walking distance from our house
              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

actual Delfina or Pizzeria Delfina?

There's an Italian place in the Financial District called Pachino that used to be our regular Wednesday date night place, and there's another in North Beach called Colosseo that we went to a ton until they changed their menu and got rid of our favorite dishes. And we went to U Lee, a Chinese place a block away, at least every other week until they closed recently (it was actually good, not just convenient).

My wife likes to cook but while she's in school her time and self-discipline about eating restaurant food are both way down.
                In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                  actual Delfina or Pizzeria Delfina?

There's an Italian place in the Financial District called Pachino that used to be our regular Wednesday date night place, and there's another in North Beach called Colosseo that we went to a ton until they changed their menu and got rid of our favorite dishes. And we went to U Lee, a Chinese place a block away, at least every other week until they closed recently (it was actually good, not just convenient).

My wife likes to cook but while she's in school her time and self-discipline about eating restaurant food are both way down.
                  It is probably 30% Delfina/65% Locanda (has a full bar)/5% Pizzeria for sit down 3 times a month, and 95% from the Pizzeria/5% Delfina for takeout 5 times a month, minimum. Basically I live on the same block as Delfina and the Pizzeria, so the Delfina empire gets over 65% of my resturant dollars in SF. It's too easy and too good. I've paid 2X Delfina prices for food 1/2 as good too many times. It used to be more like 90% until we started going to Tacolicious on Valencia and the sushi boats on Church street.
                  "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                    It is probably 30% Delfina/65% Locanda (has a full bar)/5% Pizzeria for sit down 3 times a month, and 95% from the Pizzeria/5% Delfina for takeout 5 times a month, minimum. Basically I live on the same block as Delfina and the Pizzeria, so the Delfina empire gets over 65% of my resturant dollars in SF. It's too easy and too good. I've paid 2X Delfina prices for food 1/2 as good too many times. It used to be more like 90% until we started going to Tacolicious on Valencia and the sushi boats on Church street.
                    Do you ever eat red meat? A Prime Rib, Porterhouse, or Bone in Ribeye?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      Do you ever eat red meat? A Prime Rib, Porterhouse, or Bone in Ribeye?
                      I have to go to a ton of steakhouses for work, I used to eat a 22oz Bone in Ribeye as my default, now I can barely eat a 12oz NY cut without tossing and turning all night. I get my fill of red meat on the road

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                        Every single time I go to San Francisco someone asks me if I want to go eat New Mexican cuisine at the Green Chile Kitchen, which I've always found odd.
                        Their outpost called "Pie" is right across from the sushi boat place we go, good hand pies and savory pies, like green chile chicken. My guess is that they are afraid to ask if you have any meth......

Comment

My favorite is Le Bernardin in New York and I'm lucky if I get there once a year. My favorite "frequent" restaurant is Restaurant Eve in Old Town Alexandria, maybe once a month on that one.
                          "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
                            My favorite is Le Bernardin in New York and I'm lucky if I get there once a year. My favorite "frequent" restaurant is Restaurant Eve in Old Town Alexandria, maybe once a month on that one.

Never heard of it... so I looked it up. It is likely a place where I would love the food, but I am way too cheap to spend what that place likely costs. I won't even go to Ruth's Chris because I feel the prices are too high. My wife and I do not drink when we go out. Well, she might get one drink, once in a while. We usually don't break $90 for the 2 of us before tip.... I'm guessing you could pay $90 for 1 person, easily in that place. Plus, besides being a cheap ass, I love a hamburger as much as I love anything else, almost. Heck, my favorite food, or close, is scrapple, LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
                              My favorite is Le Bernardin in New York and I'm lucky if I get there once a year.
                              Wow...I take it you still have family connections that can score you a reservation? I love the place and have never eaten there...simply because they turned down the CEO of my company from a few lives ago cold for reservations. Since he was a preening, egotistical jackass, he whined about it for some time after.
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                              X