It's Back: Exceelent Movies I've Seen Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    FYI, the Tom McCarthy who was up for Best Director is the same guy who played the journalist who made up the stories in the last season of The Wire.....
    and the stepfather pilot in 2012
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Here's another night at Tony Montana's club where all the movie stars go....

"You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Watched the original "Sabrina" this past weekend. Wonderful movie.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• London Has Fallen - no I wasn't expecting anything (Olympus Has Fallen was terribad also), but damn that was terrible. I wonder how Morgan Freeman kept a straight face when he was attacking the bad guy for being the world's worst arms dealer ... that's acting ladies and gents.

Hail Ceasar! - enjoyable, and very entertaining ... but it fell apart in the second half, and failed to deliver on the promise of the beginning.

Comment

• "I Married a Witch" - 1942

Screwball comedy starring Veronica lake who looks fantastic!
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
              I could watch a new Star Wars movie every week. This one looks awesome:

Have you seen all of them? You have right? And you can still make this statement?

Star Wars is the Steve Miller Band of the Movies. One good hit, then are you kidding me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                Have you seen all of them? You have right? And you can still make this statement?

Star Wars is the Steve Miller Band of the Movies. One good hit, then are you kidding me!
                Gregg = communist

Comment

Movies in this thread noted by Gregg as being good:

Fast and Furious 7
                  San Andreas
                  Maleficent
                  Godzilla
                  Battleship
                  (and many others)

Forgive me if I take your psychotic opinion about Star Wars with a grain of salt.

I mean, sure, Star Wars might not compare to a masterpiece like Battleship but they can't all be classics.
                  Umm...I am not sure but I do think that I might have said entertaining rather than good. That said I am pretty easily entertained.

Comment

• Originally posted by dslaw View Post
                    Gregg = communist
                    nicely played.

Comment

Fast and Furious 7
                      San Andreas
                      Maleficent
                      Godzilla
                      Battleship
                      (and many others)

Forgive me if I take your psychotic opinion about Star Wars with a grain of salt.

I mean, sure, Star Wars might not compare to a masterpiece like Battleship but they can't all be classics.
                      San Andreas is better than at least 3 Star War movies, maybe more.

Maleficent better than at least 2.

Any movie with Ewoks or Jar Jar Binks cannot be taken more seriously than any of the movies you/I have listed.

Comment

• I'll agree on Maleficent, but Battleship is Mystery Theater 3000 material.

The best time I ever had at a Star Wars flick was near the end of the run of Star Wars 1. As soon as Jar Jar shows up, I started yelling "Light Saber him!" That became the chant for about 20 of us through the rest of the movie.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Fast and Furious 7
                          San Andreas
                          Maleficent
                          Godzilla
                          Battleship
                          (and many others)

Hit!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                            Hit!!!!
                            So which do you find more entertaining Jar Jar Binks or Ewoks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              So which do you find more entertaining Jar Jar Binks or Ewoks?
                              Ewoks

Comment

• I watched Midnight Special the other night, interesting flick, not everything is spelled out, worth your time

Comment

Working...
                                X