• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I recently watched:

The Housekeeper

Wildly disturbing and entertaining.

Comment

• Three Days of the Condor

The second movie I watched during winter break. You can see elements of the modern spy thriller with this movie.

Comment

• My Sassy Girl
        For you guys with yellow fever, you should watch this. It's silly yet has a lot of heart. It's also on YouTube for free.

Comment

• Lost in Translation
          Re-watched it and loved it again.

Comment

• Wreck it Ralph
            Really solid effort

Comment

• on my flights to and from japan a couple of weeks ago i watched a handful of movies. the two that stand out in my mind were one that was much worse than i expected, and one that was much better. the worse one was Burn After Reading. for such a fantastic cast and crew, i felt it was really quite pedestrian. the better one was Shutter Island. i was very impressed by that movie.
              "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• My boys and I just watched Lockup, basically it was "Escape fron New York" in space
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                  My boys and I just watched Lockup, basically it was "Escape fron New York" in space
                  sorry to hear it.
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                    sorry to hear it.
                    Seconded

Comment

• Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                      on my flights to and from japan a couple of weeks ago i watched a handful of movies. the two that stand out in my mind were one that was much worse than i expected, and one that was much better. the worse one was Burn After Reading. for such a fantastic cast and crew, i felt it was really quite pedestrian. the better one was Shutter Island. i was very impressed by that movie.
                      Agree ... Burn After Reading was one of the most unmemorable Coen Brothers movies. It was just boring. Shutter Island was exceelent.

Comment

• Snatched & Grabbed three grandpups this morning for a HOBBIT matinee - played big with the I Max version...W O W !!!!
                        This is another incredible effort by Peter Jackson.....total winner......I need to see this again.....can't wait for #2 next year.

They played a special 10 minute preview of a new Star Trek Into Darkness that launches in May...very intense.

Comment

• I think I'm going to watch the 2D version ... I don't really like 3D. It was a nice gimmick at first.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                            I think I'm going to watch the 2D version ... I don't really like 3D. It was a nice gimmick at first.
                            I believe most feel this way -
                            For me the I Max experience trumps the std 3D format with the larger screen and enhanced sound; I feel it's worth my investment for these types of flicks....especially for my grand-kids.

The graphics, sound and cinematography for the Hobbit were clearly enhanced by I Max.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                              Agree ... Burn After Reading was one of the most unmemorable Coen Brothers movies.
                              Huh, I thought it was hilarious. I even own it on DVD.
                              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Went to see The Hobbit myself yesterday and came away unimpressed. It's still pretty to look at but it drags quite a bit and there's less interesting characters than in the LotR trilogy.

Comment

Working...
                                X