It's Back: Exceelent Movies I've Seen Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
    The Master ... mesmerizing. Joachim Phoenix and Philip Seymour Hoffman are outstanding. You'd be hard pressed to find a movie with two leads who can match these performances.

2011 sucked, 2012 has been very good ... and still Lincoln, Django Unchained and a few other to come.
    My dad said Lincoln was great...and I want to see it, and Django, the Master and The Man with the Iron Fists
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Silver Linings Playbook ... another top movie. Excellent performances throughout ... especially the two leads, Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence (she impresses more every time I see her). Odd mixture of serious, screwball and feelgood. Great date / partner movie that won't have you cringing. Nice to see De Niro is finally acting again.

Read an interview where he suggested that Scorcese is getting the crew back together: De Niro & Pesci ... along with Pacino.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
        Just watched Religulous and came away with two things:

1. Religious people can be extremely crazy (and extremely dangerous).
        2. Bill Maher is still the a$$hole I thought he was.
        Seen that a while back ... funny in places but ultimately fluff. It's easy to make fun of crazies ... not sure what you hope to gain by it though.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
          One of those crazies is United States Senator Mark Pryor from Arkansas.
          I'll have to watch it again ... it was pretty funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
            Silver Linings Playbook ... another top movie. Excellent performances throughout ... especially the two leads, Bradley Cooper and Jennifer Lawrence (she impresses more every time I see her). Odd mixture of serious, screwball and feelgood. Great date / partner movie that won't have you cringing. Nice to see De Niro is finally acting again.
            We saw Silver Linings Playbook this weekend and absolutely loved it. I agree that it's an odd mixture of serious, screwball and feelgood that's tough to describe in a paragraph without leading folks to think it might taste like medicine, which it absolutely didn't. Yes, great date movie.

Our last date movie was The Master, which was also well written and incredibly acted, but which did feel a lot more like medicine, in terms of being tough to watch and enjoy for large chunks of the movie.

Comment

• saw Skyfall this weekend. Pretty enjoyable..but I still prefer the early Bond movies as I prefer dialogue to action scenes in spy movies.
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• i really like the movie battleship. the current alien situation is addressed, and it's got some stars. rihanna for example. not to be overlooked.

ppl that give battleship a low rating don't understand how truly good the movie is.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                  i really like the movie battleship. the current alien situation is addressed, and it's got some stars. rihanna for example. not to be overlooked.

ppl that give battleship a low rating don't understand how truly good the movie is.

Comment

• I didn't much like the ending of Skyfall. It was epic, but seemed like a miscalculation on Bond's part.
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                      i really like the movie battleship. the current alien situation is addressed, and it's got some stars. rihanna for example. not to be overlooked.

Battleship was preposterous fun.

Comment

• Expendables 2 was smirkingly turrble.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                          We saw Silver Linings Playbook this weekend and absolutely loved it. I agree that it's an odd mixture of serious, screwball and feelgood that's tough to describe in a paragraph without leading folks to think it might taste like medicine, which it absolutely didn't. Yes, great date movie.
                          I thought it was very good, but very uncomfortable to watch at times.
                          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Tonight's family movie- A Christmas Story.

Comment

• Watched "White Christmas" over the weekend...always a joy!
                              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• http://www.newsarama.com/film/man-of...-revealed.html

The new Man of Steel trailer is epic.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                                Last edited by JudeBaldo; 12-11-2012, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X