No announcement yet.

It's Back: Exceelent Movies I've Seen Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• agree with OTW on all his reviews above except MI4. Haven't seen it yet.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• We watched Apollo 18 last night. The filming really reminded me of growing up with the space race. A little slow for my wife who is too young to remember it. It is one of those movies that I am glad I watched but will never watch it again. Not excellent but interesting with excellent parts.

Comment

• Tried watching The Black Swan with my wife. I have the same reaction as when I saw Crash - my favorite character is the meteor I hope comes in and quickly wipes out every character in the film.
        people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
          Tried watching The Black Swan with my wife. I have the same reaction as when I saw Crash - my favorite character is the meteor I hope comes in and quickly wipes out every character in the film.
          Haha...I felt the same way about Crash.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Weird, I loved Black Swan but got annoyed by Crash.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• I came home to find my thirteen year old son watching "Red Dawn" yesterday, I had to explain to my 11 year old that it was the Russians and the cubans that invaded, not the Russians and the Canadians.....there's been a lot of stabbings and throat sliting from behind, and the bellowing of "Wolverines!" since.....
              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• RED With Bruce Willis, Helen Miren, Morgan Freeman, John Malkovitch, Mary Louise Parker... a good solid action, adventure, comedy thriller. Solid 7/10 for me but then I love quirky, character driven movies. Malkovitch just kills me in this.

I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
                  Just watched Cowboys and Aliens last night. It was, in a complete shocker, pretty stupid. Harrison Ford is just not that convincing as a hard-ass old time cowboy.
                  Yeah ... I dint know why movies like this get green lit.

Watched The Bone Collector (1999) last night ... only about 10 years old, but already seems dated in the wake of all these high tech and well researched TV series that have taken this genre to another level. Apart from that, pretty lame. The "relationship" between Angeline Jolie and Denzel Washington made no sense ... really amateurish, and some hammy acting from Jolie at times ... especially when she had to try and smile sincerely.

Comment

• The Debt
                    Stars Helen Mirren, Tom Wilkinson. Told through parallel narratives, the story is about a trio who track down a Nazi war criminal. Despite, the somewhat cliche story, the movie is strong, with good performances throughout. Worth a look.

Apollo 18.
                    Despite being ravaged by rottentomatoes (I think its below 20%), I thought it was decent but not great. The premise is about " found footage " of astronauts who go to the moon, only to realize they are not alone. The " found footage " angle is kinda boring, and the fact there isn't much tension at all, doesn't help matters.

Comment

• Wow, The Hangover Part II was unbelievably terrible.

Comment

• yep - hangover II was awful. saw it on a plane to europe. on that same trip saw the newest pirates of the caribbean, which was equally awful (somebody already noted that in this thread).

on that same trip also saw Horrible Bosses, which had its good moments, but also had some pretty bad bits. jennifer anniston in nothing but a lab coat had me with a chubby for sure though!
                        "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• Horrible Bosses was much funnier than I thought it was going to be. I didn't think it had many bad bits at all.

Hangover I was decent but not the kind of thing that holds up to repeated viewings. When I heard that Hangover II was essentially the exact same movie in a different location, I avoided it.
                          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• I saw "True Grit" Thursday night, much better than the original.
                            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                              I saw "True Grit" Thursday night, much better than the original.
                              Really? I had kinda avoided it because I loved the original...but I will have to give it a look...

"I call that bold talk from a one-eyed, fat man!"

"Well, fill your hand, you sonovabitch!"
                              I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                              You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                              "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                              It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

• Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
                                Really? I had kinda avoided it because I loved the original...but I will have to give it a look...

"I call that bold talk from a one-eyed, fat man!"

"Well, fill your hand, you sonovabitch!"
                                The new one is better, just because Glenn Campbell is not in it.

Comment

Working...
                                X