No announcement yet.

It's Back: Exceelent Movies I've Seen Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old School had an incredibly funny first half and an incredibly lame second half, the plot of which was lifted directly from Revenge of the Nerds. If I ever watched it again I would stop halfway through.

I liked Talladega Nights but I know a lot of people didn't. I have no interest in the rest of Ferrell's sports movies.
    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      Maybe the best of the bad. I wouldn't watch it again.
      Anchor Man? I'm not a huge fan of most of his work but that movie is a classic IMO.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Looking forward to Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. I saw the original a lifetime ago, so I have no recollection. Other than the fact it has a great cast and great review ratings, I have been avoiding any specific details.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
          Anchor Man? I'm not a huge fan of most of his work but that movie is a classic IMO.
          I forgot about that one. I would add it to my short list.

Comment

• Favourite Will Ferrell characters:

Ashley Schaeffer BMW from Eastbound and Down
            Chazz Reinhold from Wedding Crashers

Anchorman and Old School were good ... I only seen Talladega Nights once ... thought it was nothing special.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
              Looking forward to Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. I saw the original a lifetime ago, so I have no recollection. Other than the fact it has a great cast and great review ratings, I have been avoiding any specific details.
              The novel is great Read it oh so many moons ago..
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• there was also Mustafa from Austin Powers ...

It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Comment

• Just watched Un Prophete (A Prophet), highly recommended, especially if you like gangster movies and don't mind sub-titles. Some brutal scenes and phenomenal acting throughout. It won the Grand Prix at Cannes in 2009.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy ... I saw somewhere that it has a US release date of early December ... seems like rather a long time, what with piracy and all. Anyway ... can't miss cast and brilliantly shot with a real authentic 70's feel (no stylized ameliorated 00's version of the 70's). It's not a fast action spy story for sure, and at 2 hours, requires the viewer to be alert to pick up the nuances. I drifted at one point check a score on my phone, and missed the gist of an important plot line ... took me a while to piece together the missing links. This more about old fashioned suspense and story telling than twists and turns.

Comment

• October Sky - Jake Gyllenhaal, Chris Cooper, Laura Dern. Just finished watching it.....one of my favorite all time movies. The true story of Homer Hickham (NASA engineer) and his 3 friends (the Rocket Boys) of a coal mining town who are inspired by the events of the day (Sputnik launching) and the enthusiams of their HS teacher, played by Laura Dern, and breaking the coalmining life cycle with rockets.

Love this movie...
                        I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                        You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                        "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                        It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

• Drive - The best new movie to come out since Black Swan. A masterpiece. See this in the theatre.
                          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                            Drive - The best new movie to come out since Black Swan. A masterpiece. See this in the theatre.
                            Saw it this weekend and meant to post this. It was great.
                            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• I have no idea what I thought of Drive.
                              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• I just got back from a meeting and my family has Independence Day on the tv. It is one of those movies that trap you when you are surfing. Just a fun ride. The bad guys are about to get spanked.

Comment

Working...
                                X