X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow!

Comment

• Originally posted by Long John View Post
      Actually saw movies at a Drive-In this past weekend (they're rare in these parts). The double feature was Super Troopers 2 and The Quiet Place. ST2 was as bad as Rob Lowe's accent. Quiet Place was really good. Shades of The Village and Signs.

Also saw Crooked House which is free for Amazon Prime folks now. Glenn Close, Christina Hendricks, Gillian Anderson in an Agatha Christie book. Good stuff as well.
      We have a Drive-In about 35 minutes from us. I like to load up the convertible on a nice summer night and watch a double feature picture show.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        We have a Drive-In about 35 minutes from us. I like to load up the convertible on a nice summer night and watch a double feature picture show.

We still have one in town but I haven't used it. My oldest daughter and her family use it all the time.

Comment

• Deadpool 2 is fantastic. Epic soundtrack. So good.

Comment

• i liked han solo. it felt really old school. it was sort of like watching a star wars movie 30 years ago. don't think this one was for the kids today.

Comment

• We watched Annihilation last night.

Deliciously creepy sci-fi. Kept us on our seats the whole time. I am not much of a Portman fan but she did a nice job in this one.

Add in some chicken wings and loaded nachos for a family room picnic; made for a pretty fun night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                We watched Annihilation last night.

Deliciously creepy sci-fi. Kept us on our seats the whole time. I am not much of a Portman fan but she did a nice job in this one.

Add in some chicken wings and loaded nachos for a family room picnic; made for a pretty fun night.
                I thought Annihilation was a hot mess. Some creepy scenes for sure but just didn't work for me.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                  Deadpool 2 is fantastic. Epic soundtrack. So good.
                  Agreed, great movie.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                    i liked han solo. it felt really old school. it was sort of like watching a star wars movie 30 years ago. don't think this one was for the kids today.
                    I thought it was solid but it didn't really add much to the overall story IMO.
                    - Terence McKenna

Comment

• so in Empire Strikes Back 3PO says:

THREEPIO: Sir, I don't know where your ship learned to communicate, but it has the most peculiar dialect. I believe, sir, it says that the power coupling on the negative axis has been polarized. I'm afraid you'll have to replace it.

Comment

• sunday afternoon 2017 PG time travel movie with a 3 million budget https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4815122/ Time Trap.

A group of students become trapped inside a mysterious cave where they discover time passes differently underground than on the surface.

it was pretty good.

Comment

• I enjoyed Solo very much, in fact, more than TLJ and right behind Rogue One.

If you enjoyed Annihilation at all, you should read the book, which is 100% times better, movie captured the spirit of the book, but not much else
                          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• time trap! https://fmovies.film/movie/time-trap-2017/

it actually looks like a pretty safe site.

never found out what happened to the dog.

My grandfather used to tell me that the future can give you anything you want. If you wait long enough, the future will create it. Maybe through technology, or maybe from not making you want it anymore. Either way, the answer is in the future.
                            Last edited by ; 06-06-2018, 11:10 AM.

Comment

• Won't You Be My Neighbor looks good. Nice to see a guy you look up to not turn out to have children's skeleton's in his closets. The world needs more Mr. Rogers in the world.

Comment

• The juxtaposition of the trailers for "Won't You Be My Neighbor?" and "The Happytime Murders" is amusing
                                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                                X