No announcement yet.

It's Back: Exceelent Movies I've Seen Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know there are quite a few poker aficionados here...has anyone seen Molly's Game yet? I want to but it means getting a sitter and you know how that goes

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
      I know there are quite a few poker aficionados here...has anyone seen Molly's Game yet? I want to but it means getting a sitter and you know how that goes
      I have the book coming from the library
      "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
        Good intel...didnt know it was a book too (although it makes sense now that I think about it)

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
          I know there are quite a few poker aficionados here...has anyone seen Molly's Game yet? I want to but it means getting a sitter and you know how that goes
          Going to watch it over the weekend ... I'll let you know.

Comment

• Finally got in Dunkirk from Netflix today......just awesome. Well worth the wait. Yeah, you never saw a German....but the intensity of the soundtrack added to the stress you feel throughout the entire movie. Not your typical WWII flick, but one of the better ones of this century.

I do agree with both DMT's and Johnny's reviews however. There was no character development nor was the scope of the operation truly displayed.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
              Going to watch it over the weekend ... I'll let you know.
              Apparently you won't.
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                Apparently you won't.
                Yeah I didn't bother going

... still haven't seen it

Comment

• Black Panther was as good as you've probably heard it is. Maybe better.
                  In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                    Mith puffs his chest, Seitzer buries his head in his hands and weeps.

Edit: I do hope Mr. Seitzer's library gets up and running, libraries are really great places and all of us should have one that we can go to
                    --------------------------------------
                    You know a girl in a hat is just so…vogue.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                      Black Panther was as good as you've probably heard it is. Maybe better.
                      Does Forrest Gump jump on the bus and ruin their party ?
                      --------------------------------------
                      You know a girl in a hat is just so…vogue.

Comment

• Phantom Thread was superb.

Comment

I haven't been to the theater in years. I usually wait for the dvd. But, i'm seriously considering going to see this one.
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• American Made was great. If you’re a fan of Narcos, this was more or less another two hours of the series.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              American Made was great. If you’re a fan of Narcos, this was more or less another two hours of the series.
                              Yeah, America Made was good, The Infiltrator with Bryan Cranston was bad.

/review

Comment

Fresno concurs
                                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                                X