It's Back: Exceelent Movies I've Seen Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    So you will pass on a movie just because one guy on a message board didn't like it?
    Yep if it is the right guy. The most condemning thing you can say to me about a movie is that it is boring. Snooze fest would make me run out of the theater.

I-I could tolerate any, any insurance seminar, for days. I could sit there and listen to them go on and on with a big smile on my face. They'd say, "How can ya stand it?" And I'd say, "'Cause I've been with Del Griffith. I can take anything." Except a boring movie.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      Yep if it is the right guy. The most condemning thing you can say to me about a movie is that it is boring. Snooze fest would make me run out of the theater.

I-I could tolerate any, any insurance seminar, for days. I could sit there and listen to them go on and on with a big smile on my face. They'd say, "How can ya stand it?" And I'd say, "'Cause I've been with Del Griffith. I can take anything." Except a boring movie.
      I would NEVER adjust my movie going choices or music/concert listening choices based on something that was said by an RJ member (or any other person as well). I have never found anyone remotely aligned to my entertainment likes/dislikes that I would base my choice on their recommendation. .
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I would NEVER adjust my movie going choices or music/concert listening choices based on something that was said by an RJ member (or any other person as well). I have never found anyone remotely aligned to my entertainment likes/dislikes that I would base my choice on their recommendation. .
        This surprises no one
        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. I was hoping it was going to be good. It was our next target for movie night. I will pass.
          Wow, I'm honored but just for full disclosure my wife enjoyed it.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
            Wow, I'm honored but just for full disclosure my wife enjoyed it.
            Did she need a nap?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
              This surprises no one
              hahahahaha!!!

Would you decide to forgo a movie based on the recommendation of an RJ member?
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• depends on how detailed the reviews are; fwiw, I almost decided not to see Dunkirk earlier this year based on reviews I read here in this thread ... but ended up going to see it anyway.
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                  depends on how detailed the reviews are; fwiw, I almost decided not to see Dunkirk earlier this year based on reviews I read here in this thread ... but ended up going to see it anyway.
                  I passed on Dunkirk because of the reviews in here.

Did you find the reviews accurate?

Comment

hahahahaha!!!

Would you decide to forgo a movie based on the recommendation of an RJ member?
                    Why yes I would depending on who's review I was reading.

Now when it comes to horror movies or westerns or Die Hard 23 I am just in and there is no talking me out of it.

Comment

I passed on Dunkirk because of the reviews in here.

Did you find the reviews accurate?
                      yeah, for the most part, but I still was able to enjoy the movie for what it was.

As an aside, I was glad that I did see it as it was great background for another movie I saw recently, Their Finest ... which I definitely recommend.
                      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                        yeah, for the most part, but I still was able to enjoy the movie for what it was.

As an aside, I was glad that I did see it as it was great background for another movie I saw recently, Their Finest ... which I definitely recommend.
                        Mith said I can't see it based on your recommendation.

Comment

yeah, I know. I recommend that you follow Mith's advice.

see what I did there???

Comment

I did??

Comment

I did??
                              Yes, yes you did.

And you made me feel like less of a man because of it.

Comment

• thor ragnarok was way better than justice league but both were good. but to see thor and the hulk expand on their relationship was thorough. and i like the actor that plays bruce banner. marvel really nails it. movie had everything you could want. and thor and loki developing more too.

i was reticent about my generation finally getting what we wanted and making superhero movies. but they are getting pretty good at it.

it's also probably timing. the actors that play heros are perfect. Thor, Ironman, WW, Captain America, Dr Strange. they're perfect.

i liked in one of the earlier avengers movies when the hulk and thor were smashing stuff, and then they both stopped on top of a car and thor looked at hulk like, hey. and the hulk punched him jokingly. just funny stuff. but it told you the hulk was aware of his teammates.

Comment

Working...
                                X