Chris Christie 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris Christie 2024

Interestingly, it looks like Chris Christie has a good shot to win the Republican nomination. He's very bitter that he was left out of Trump's WH, and he's attacking Trump the hardest. Of all the candidates the R's could rally behind, pull the 2016 Bernie play where everyone drops out quick to endorse one guy, I think it's him. Not sure he'll get enough juice to overtake, but it's going to be a bloody battle, and I think it could easily make Trump look weak, skipping debates and such.

Christie has also started to overtake DeSantis in a couple polls. DeSantis' campaign is as soft as pudding.

Anybody seen Christie lately?
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Even though I am a Democrat, it's refreshing to see a Republican politician who isn't spineless and afraid of the big bad Donald and his supporters. Christie knows you can't just play defense against a bully like Trump or you will lose. He knows he has to roll up his sleeves and throw more punches than Trump if he wants to win.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Besides the George Washington Bridge fiasco, I thought highly of Christie as NJ's governor, and voted for him a couple of times. I didn't care for the fact he supported such a con man loser in Trump when he first ran, but it's nice to see he's turned on him. Still, not sure how much that will mean as Republican voters have become this rabid mob of white nationalist revenge seekers who have their collective heads in the sand.

More refreshing to see was an AP poll this week where 53% of Americans said they would never consider voting for Trump, with another 11% saying they would likely not consider voting for him. It's basically saying what we already know -- while Trump can stir up his base of ignorant deplorables, he has little chance of winning over independents and others that he needs to win in the general. Of course, if he's the nominee anything can happen, and I'm not jazzed about an unpopular 82-year old guy as his opponent, but the Dems also have the wind at their backs with the abortion play. Trump+abortion = easy Dem win.

Comment

Damn, a lot can change in 5 or 6 months
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        ---------------------------------------------
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          Damn, a lot can change in 5 or 6 months
          Originally posted by revo
          I'm not jazzed about an unpopular 82-year old guy as his opponent,
          and yet, the more they stay the same.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
          X