Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the right World Islam policy/strategy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No sense in talking about the proper World Islam strategy without considering our 'special relationship' with Israel. I know I'm not the only one who thinks we need to significantly reduce our allegiance with them, and Bibi's pathetic fear-mongering will hopefully help others see the light. There will be no peace in the Middle East, nor reconciliation with 'World Islam' as long as we continue to unilaterally support Israel.

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      Didn't the guy think for just a second that maybe, just maybe, making the film would put his life in peril? Idiot.
      Yea because I'm sure lots of people are plotting how to commit murder and then collect the reward. Utter nonsense.

Ayatolla Khomeini issued a fatwa calling for Salman Rushdie's execution because of his novel The Satanic Verses. Coincidentally (or not, I'm not sure), Rushdie just published a memoir detailing his own experience with living under threat of assassination.
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
        Yea because I'm sure lots of people are plotting how to commit murder and then collect the reward. Utter nonsense.

Ayatolla Khomeini issued a fatwa calling for Salman Rushdie's execution because of his novel The Satanic Verses. Coincidentally (or not, I'm not sure), Rushdie just published a memoir detailing his own experience with living under threat of assassination.
        You don't think that pissing off the Muslim fanatics by making fun of their god is idiotic? And puts ones life in danger? Has nothing to do with murder..everything to do with a fanatic killing an infidel.
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
          No. I think it is idiotic that these jackasses feel their faith requires them to kill folks that make fun of, or even just SHOW, their prophet.
          I agree of course. But that still doesn't mean that anyone who makes fun of their prophet won't be putting a target on their back.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Well, I think it's safe to say our World Islam policy vis a vis Egypt will need to change radically now that the military has booted the Muslim Brotherhood.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

World Islam policy seems pretty obvious. Install weak democracies in economically and socially unstable Muslim countries in order to foment the rise of radical Islam and secure the future gigantic expenditure on the military and intelligence services. Remember in the 90's when there was talk of merging Intelligence agencies and reducing military expenditure to peace time levels? As if.

... and when did the USA and Britain start getting so down on right-wing dictatorships. We loved right-wing dictatorships. We went to such effort to install and support them all over the world.

Comment

Our "World Islam policy vis a vis Egypt"? What does that mean?
                Thread name is "What's the right World Islam policy/strategy?". Egypt is an Islamic country; hence, part of our World Islam policy. Present administration chose Morsi and the Muslim Brotherhood over Mubarek and dictatorship. Morsi and Muslim Brotherhood failed miserably. I'm presuming that supporting terrorist groups elected under the veneer of the democratic election as our prior policy will need to change radically.

Comment

Are you asserting that Morsi was not democratically elected? And who is a "terrorist group"?
                  No, I'm asserting that Morsi was democratically elected with our full support. And the Muslim Brotherhood has a long and storied bloody history, including terrorism. In this case, the only terror they spread was through persecution of Copts, attempted implementation of aspects of Sharia law, and complete incompetence at actual governing. They were so bad that a military coup was popular.

Comment

If implementation of religious law constitutes "terror", I'd suspect that a lot of our right-wing brethren could be considered supporters of terrorism. The people deserve better.
                    Islamists taste good with Vinegar based BBQ sauce and make great Drone targets

Comment

I've been doing some reading the past couple of days on the crisis in Europe over Syrian refugees ... crazy crazy stuff.

I also had to share this photo - what they're leaving behind ... this is a "queue" for food at a refugee camp in Damascus Syria. Or a scene from an upcoming Mad Max movie, I'm not sure which ...

It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                        I've been doing some reading the past couple of days on the crisis in Europe over Syrian refugees ... crazy crazy stuff.

I also had to share this photo - what they're leaving behind ... this is a "queue" for food at a refugee camp in Damascus Syria. Or a scene from an upcoming Mad Max movie, I'm not sure which ...

Sickening.
                        - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post

The worsening migration tragedy could very well be a dominant feature of the 21st Century when the history books are compiled. Certainly overpopulation will be near the top of that list, and this is a symptom of that much bigger (and seemingly unsolvable) problem.

By the end of the 21st Century, 25% of the worlds population (100% = 12.5bn) will be living in Africa (it was 8% (of 2.5bn) in 1950). To put that in context, that is almost double the entire worlds population as it was in 1950. Migrants are already risking life and limb to escape to find a better life ... hundreds seem to be dying every week.

Some strikingly similar photos from today in Hungary. I wonder if any of these people are in both photos.

Last edited by johnnya24; 09-04-2015, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Hungary recently stopped their open immigration policy. Prior to about a week ago, refugees could pass through their borders into the rest of the non bordered EU countries, now they're being stopped and/or detained and refused entry to Hungary unless they have proper papers, which 95% of these folks do NOT have. They will allow political asylum, but financial--not any more.

You're right, this will get worse before it gets better, if it gets better at all.
                            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Why are Islamic people happier in non-Islamic countries? It seems to be a stable pattern.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                                Why are Islamic people happier in non-Islamic countries? It seems to be a stable pattern.

J
                                Why don't you tell us what you think, I'm sure you have the answer
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X