Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you move to an area that didn't fit you politically?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ken View Post
    Thanks! But the wife and 2 kids and 2 bulldogs would make it a tad stuffy
    Well, you’ll have to fight Seitzer and his family for room but we have plenty to spare. Come on down, ye aggrieved Texans!
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      I imagine the experience there is a lot like it was for me when I lived in Louisville. Seas of red with dense little cities of blue. Although, in Kentucky, it is just one city of purplish blue--Louisville. In Texas, the top five largest cities in Texas leaned Biden in the last election. But with so much space to stretch out, the rural areas are still gonna win out in terms of state laws and state-wide and national elections. Laws and government leaders aside, I imagine it is pretty easy to live blue in the big cities.

ETA: I've always imagined Austin is a pretty awesome city to live in.
      I have not spent much time in Austin, but I had a good time on the few occasions I've been through.

San Antonio is one of my favorites.

Honestly I really like several cities in Texas, I don't like the idea that a bunch of anti-vaxx/mask/reproductive rights individuals are flocking this way though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
        I have not spent much time in Austin, but I had a good time on the few occasions I've been through.

San Antonio is one of my favorites.

Honestly I really like several cities in Texas, I don't like the idea that a bunch of anti-vaxx/mask/reproductive rights individuals are flocking this way though.
        I've hardly been to Texas at all....at least as an adult. I lived in Texarkana and College Station before I was in kindergarten. Went to Texas Stadium for a Cowboys game on my 30th birthday. Landed at the airport in Brownsville in the early morning to watch the fog once. But it's a big state and I feel like I should explore it if I have the chance.
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I've been to the Houston airport once for a 2 hour layover. That's the only time I've been there, primarily because I want to remain a good safe distance from Ken at all times. I do have a shirt from an Austin record store that my now wife got me when we were first dating and she had a business trip to Austin.

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post
            I've been to the Houston airport once for a 2 hour layover. That's the only time I've been there, primarily because I want to remain a good safe distance from Ken at all times. I do have a shirt from an Austin record store that my now wife got me when we were first dating and she had a business trip to Austin.
            Do you introduce her as "my now wife" Even Johhny Dickshot feels that's a bit awkward.

EDIT: but I appreciate the Ken part
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              So you introduce her as "my now wife" Even Johhny Dickshot feels that's a bit awkward.

EDIT: but I appreciate the Ken part
              Jerks, all of you!

Comment

Do you introduce her as "my now wife" Even Johhny Dickshot feels that's a bit awkward.

EDIT: but Johnny Dickshot appreciates the Ken part
                Fixed it. If you're going to go third person, gotta be consistent.

Comment

Fixed it. If you're going to go third person, gotta be consistent.
                  Johnny Dickshot strives for inconsistency....it is much easier than consistency
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I've hardly been to Texas at all....at least as an adult. I lived in Texarkana and College Station before I was in kindergarten. Went to Texas Stadium for a Cowboys game on my 30th birthday. Landed at the airport in Brownsville in the early morning to watch the fog once. But it's a big state and I feel like I should explore it if I have the chance.
                    Just to be clear, Johnny Dickshot's formative years were spent partly in Texas. Draw your own conclusions
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Just to be clear, Johnny Dickshot's formative years were spent partly in Texas. Draw your own conclusions
                      It would certainly explain Johnny Dickshot's staunchly conservative views.

Comment

It would certainly explain Johnny Dickshot's staunchly conservative views.
                        Johnny Dickshot is frequently misunderstood.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Johnny Dickshot is frequently misunderstood.
                          He's just a poor boy?
                          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                            He's just a poor boy?
                            Johnny Dickshot is many things. A poor boy is just one of them. It doesn't define Johnny Dickshot. Johnny Dickshot can't be defined, he just is.
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                              He's just a poor boy?
                              From a poor family ?
                              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                                From a poor family ?
                                Johnny Dickshot is easy come, easy go...but all that shit about killing a man and shivers down my spine, aching all the time , bla bla bla bla is categorically false
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X