No announcement yet.

The new COVID thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two year anniversary of the sage advice that injecting disinfectant into one's body cures COVID. Thanks, former guy.

505 million cases worldwide with 6.2 million deaths. This country, as would be expected with the complete lack of leadership from former guy and his band of thieves, leads the way by a huge margin - nearly one out of every six deaths in the world has been here.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• A million lives lost to COVID in the US. It's really sad and sobering. And yet, you wouldn't believe the glee with which the flight attendant announced on my flight yesterday, "All of you can feel free to take your masks off! Masks are no longer required on public transportation!" I don't even know how much transmission masks prevent on a three-hour flight with the variants we have now, but I would think in light of the toll this virus has taken in lives and health, that it might have been appropriate to say, "The TSA no longer requires you to wear a mask, but feel free to continue to wear them for consideration of your neighbors and my five other coworkers who are continuing to wear their masks" or something a little more cognizant of the gravity of the situation.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
        A million lives lost to COVID in the US. It's really sad and sobering. And yet, you wouldn't believe the glee with which the flight attendant announced on my flight yesterday, "All of you can feel free to take your masks off! Masks are no longer required on public transportation!" I don't even know how much transmission masks prevent on a three-hour flight with the variants we have now, but I would think in light of the toll this virus has taken in lives and health, that it might have been appropriate to say, "The TSA no longer requires you to wear a mask, but feel free to continue to wear them for consideration of your neighbors and my five other coworkers who are continuing to wear their masks" or something a little more cognizant of the gravity of the situation.
        The travel industry has a monetary motive for downplaying this as much as possible, but I imagine the glee is over not having to take any more shit from assholes while having to enforce this rule.
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• So the mask mandate was ended by a 35 year old Federal judge with zero trial experience prior to appointment (well, she participated in two trial in law school, lmao). This judge was 33 years old and received a "Not Qualified" rating from the American Bar Association when nominated but was nonetheless confirmed into her lifetime appointment by unanimous votes of Republicans - all Democrats voted no. The firm this judge worked for prior to her appointment was the firm front and center promoting the big lie in order to undermine our country's federal election results.

Who should decide a mask mandate? A federal agency staffed with experts accountable to the President or one single, unqualified, 100% partisan 35 year old in Florida? Next time some idiot says "both parties are the same", smack them across their fool face.
          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• My 9 year-old woke up yesterday with a terrible cough, fever and all that jazz. Negative for Covid so woo hoo, but he has the flu. Pediatrician said she is barely seeing any Covid now, but a ton of flu. Fantastic. Especially since we were supposed to leave for a family trip this evening. Plus side, he seems to be doing a little better this afternoon and doctor said if the fever breaks, we are still free to go tomorrow. Fingers crossed.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
              My 9 year-old woke up yesterday with a terrible cough, fever and all that jazz. Negative for Covid so woo hoo, but he has the flu. Pediatrician said she is barely seeing any Covid now, but a ton of flu. Fantastic. Especially since we were supposed to leave for a family trip this evening. Plus side, he seems to be doing a little better this afternoon and doctor said if the fever breaks, we are still free to go tomorrow. Fingers crossed.
              I hope the little guy feels better soon. I've been amazed at how often my two boys have gotten sick lately. We have done home tests every time, but they have never come up as covid. My 4 year old is not vaxxed yet, so that is especially surprising. It all got worse once masks came off, so while I know the data on how effective masking is for covid, it did seem to help with colds and flus, at least in my small sample size household.

Comment

• when i did my taxes at the last minute the guy was sniffling obviously sick. i couldn't tell him i was unvaccinated and wasn't worried he was infected. covid is a joke now. assuming you understand science and what it means when a respiratory disease changes from lower to upper. which i stated months ago when it did. but then not many ppl understand science and rely on politics instead. bunch of politically correct hypochondriac karens now. it's true. sorry, you can ban me now. i'm not going to get better.

https://pameladrew.substack.com/p/pf...r-and-fdas?s=r
                But back to the policies that bury or ignore any negative information impacting profits even at the expense of human health and the environment. Before Monsanto was Bill Gates partner in propagating chemically dependent, fee based food seeds to the planet Monsanto was a straight chemical company known best for its role in warfare as makers of Agent Orange and assorted industrial chemicals.

It took decades of fighting for Veterans and civilians injured by Agent Orange to get a ruling the chemicals caused illness. The list of approved injuries is hardly a complete list of effects which are now known to be passed along to their children by genetic mutations created by toxic exposure.
                you guys failed me. i was hoping you could help me out of the rabbit hole i fell into.

funny thing about vaccination companies, normally they aren't very useful during normal times. but you have to keep them in business for those rare extraordinary times needed. which means you have to vaccinate every excuse you can, waiting for that one time they are needed. ignoring all the silent and needless damage they do in the meantime.

these were companies that have been polluting us and as liberals we have been calling out our entire lives. they are felons. given carte blanche.

Comment

• i was really surprised when i noticed, driving in RI and watching antennae TV, all the commercials are medicare or lawsuits. that's our society now. we've allowed the polluters free reign in the name of a noble lies. and if you want to get rich because you've been injured, that's the cost of doing business. yeah we fucked your brain up. we gave you cancer. and in 25 years once earth's temperature increases another 2 degrees Celsius, then the shit really hits the fan. and we won't be held accountable, because we eliminate the systems that hold us accountable. problem solved.

you see it everyday in society. if you walk to downtrodden path. there is a reason why, every single person you try to help tries to take advantage of you. because they can feel what's coming. they know they are screwing themselves, they just don't know how they are. and it's this blind faith that everyone is trying to do the right thing. and unless you live in a protective bubble, it's a foolish belief. everyone is out for themselves. because we are blindly fucking ourselves. and we refuse to see it... it's no fun being cynical. i never chose this. i was much more happy smoking pot and playing video games all day. but life put me out here and said i had to go thru this.

are we so fucking stupid that we can't see what is going on, in 20 or 40 years -we've become dependent on the wolves that eat our chickens. because it's unimaginable that the ppl we rely on in the world to guide us are really only out for themselves.

Comment

• Comment

• you know what my real problems is. that stray cat that came by trying to make friends with me and my cats, he's persistent. i've never seen anything like it. he has a collar. so i know he's owned. obviously he forgets he has a collar own or that i would notice. i'd love to feed him. i have the best food in the neighborhood. in the cat world, i'm a movie star. he's like oh, who is this guy.

my cats aren't so excited about it. they chase him away but don't fight. as a liberal i just want everyone to be friends. but it doesn't work that way. thus far, i smile and keep my distance while instructing my cats not to start shit. because it's all about survival. fuck all that ancillary shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        I hope the little guy feels better soon. I've been amazed at how often my two boys have gotten sick lately. We have done home tests every time, but they have never come up as covid. My 4 year old is not vaxxed yet, so that is especially surprising. It all got worse once masks came off, so while I know the data on how effective masking is for covid, it did seem to help with colds and flus, at least in my small sample size household.
                        that's a lot of science right there. the 4 year old won't get sick because he has a super innate immune system. and if you give him a vaccine he doesn't need, you could fuck it up.

also, you'll see other simple colds and flu remerge now, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viral_interference. surprisingly wiki has a bad explanation. virial interference happens when a similar disease tries to infect. this leads to quasi viral species. which i think is interesting but i don't understand.

think about it, not many ppl get infected by different viruses at the same time. there is a reason for that. and nobody knows why... you guys give experts too much credit. these are questions you guys are smart enough to have an opinion.

it's not my place to have an opinion, don't fuck up your child's immune system. it's the only thing my birth mother gave me.

Comment

• life is not a one size fit

Comment

• one time i had the best GF in the world. i got her to start writing Pink Floyd saying on her shoes.

life is all about how you handle yourself. her mother looked me like i had infected her. but back then we all had genital warts.

but she was right. it's all about how you handle yourself during a disaster.

Comment

• politically correct hypochondriac Karens. it's true. everything the republicans ever accused us of came true.

that's not to say they still don't suck, even if they were right.

Comment

• back in 1992 there was guy called Fravia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fravia

before the whole computer thing. i don't know why i mention it. but it's a good example of Moore's law. i don't think he would realize how profound it was.

actually, his best tutorial was how supermarkets influence you while you shop. like, vegetables and fruit always being in the front. and milk and bread is always in the back. ..make me walk thru the whole fucking store for milk

once you see supermarkets no-longer trying to hack you, then you know society is collapsing. heh

Comment

Working...
                                X